Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you love about your chosen city of residence?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Mammoth is better then all the resorts in SLC.
If you never leave the groomed trails, perhaps. But come on, Sierra cement vs, rocky mountain cold smoke powder? No comparison.

East Central Florida...Melbourne, Titusville...

Pro's: Great weather Year round, 4 week winters hardly ever below freezing, Great Golf, still the Cheapest homes in the state ( but this is changing fast) 40 mile to MCO and Orlando, 20 miles from Cocoa Beach, nice beaches pretty women, The Kennedy Space center launches..no state income taxes..decent school system. Tons of flight training of every type...Low crime rates..T-ville nice family setting..beautiful sunrises and sunsets....Great water sports year round, supper fishing, and home to one of the largest cruise ship ports on the east coast...day trip gambling 3 miles off the coast..

Cons: Hurricanes and more hurricanes......too many people in Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach, too many blue hairs...slow drivers that will drive you to kick your dog! not enough culture, have to go to Orlando for that...roll the side walks up at 8pm.... Not enough for the kids to stay out of trouble....

Hugh Jorgan said:
If you never leave the groomed trails, perhaps. But come on, Sierra cement vs, rocky mountain cold smoke powder? No comparison.

You said it bro (or maybe it's bruddah...What do I know? I'm from the mainland...). But Colorado is "home", home, even if my "home" now is Seattle.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

I've gotta chime in here as the token Canadian - I live in a small city (about 300,000) in a small province on the east coast and I like it!

We do get the cold snowy winters, but you can find true wilderness around here in a lot of places - something that I miss when I drive down the US east coast (south of Maine anyway). The ocean is the big drawing card for me - I could never live inland - I was born on the ocean and I'll always live on the ocean.

I think a lot of southerners find our weather harsh, but I guess that I like variety. While the ocean never gets warm up here, as least it breeds hardiness to swim in it : )

If you're talking friendliness - we're a pretty friendly lot, although the province of Newfoundland would take the cake for the nicest people anywhere. I like NYC to visit, but I don't think that I could ever live there either - around here you hold doors for the people behind you at the mall, and chat with the person in front of you in line at the supermarket. Relatively low crime rate, but my husband is a little too trusting and leaves the keys to his car sitting between the seats when we park at the FBO at the international airport (CYHZ) that we fly out of. He's never had it stolen yet, but I still think it's pushing it.

The "OC"

I have lived in the "OC" for a large portion of my life. I hate it with a passion. I'm counting the days until I leave this place.

Cons - Extremely expensive (bought a house in 00' for 260K now worth 600K for an idea). The people are the ruddest I've seen and look down on you if you drive a Chevy truck and not a Beemer or Benze. The OC area is being overrun by illegals and it is starting to stink! The schools are horrible, and the traffic is never-ending. It's basically your big city with an even bigger price tag.

Pros - Lot's of SUN! Great weather yearround for flying. Great for young singles looking to have a good time; just get daddy to write you a check. :)

Don't get me wrong SoCal is a great place if you like the big city are single and looking for fun, have expensive taste, enjoy fancy eating, the beach, etc etc.

Although, this redneck country-boy would give it all up in a heartbeat for 10 acres in rural Texas hillcountry or central Georgia, a great church, an old Chevy truck, and a glass of sweet tea, some fried chicken and NASCAR on the TV set.

poor2thecore said:
Although, this redneck country-boy would give it all up in a heartbeat for 10 acres in rural Texas hillcountry or central Georgia, a great church, an old Chevy truck, and a glass of sweet tea, some fried chicken and NASCAR on the TV set.
Shall we throw in a toothless fat bitch for good measure?

Shall we throw in a toothless fat bitch for good measure?
If he moves to those aformentioned areas you won't have to throw one in!

Now if he'd like a cold bitch with that menu, possibly I could send one down from Boston. That would be number one on the list of cons from the Boston area.

2. Super Expensive, a good home costs 500k. Rent for a one bedroom apt about $1000 a month, outside of the city. In the city, about $1500.
3. City wasn't planned so it's takes people years to learn how to drive in it.
4. Traffic sucks but has improved in the last few years.
5. As Goose said, people tend to always be in a rush, makes their driving pretty bad.

Pros
1. The Sox, even if you hate them, as long as you're a baseball fan summer won't be boring.
2. There is plenty to do, sports, museums, history, top-notch food, mountains and beaches both two hours away.
3. Higher education is solid if you have kids.
4. Portland, Maine isn't far away. Great drinking town.
5. 3 Super Bowls out of 4 years. Even better when the Pats start 9-1, play some 6-4 team those idiot announcers talk up and then go in as underdogs and beat the piss out of.

It's a college town but realize that means ice queens in training!:( :( I'm leaving for whereever else this career takes me. Only place I'd consider in the New England area is Maine. Still near the big city but out in the country at the same time(except bad summer traffic).

Mr. I.

Last edited:
A lot of folks have weighed in with what looks like a lot of great places. It just proves that just about every place has something going for it. Since the the thread is asking the place I prefer I have to say my little hometown in Mississippi. Vector4fun's hometown sounds like a first cousin to mine. Everyone knows you, which ain't always a good thing. It was when my father died, though. Everybody in town showed up at mom's house that day, bringing food. That's a southern phenomenon. You don't have to cook for days after a funeral. Another plus: my family has a few hundred acres with a 2000' strip; now all I need is an airplane.

I went through F-4 training in Boise, Idaho. At the time Boise was the best kept secret in the country. GREAT lookin' girls, plenty to do outside, super downtown, and rippin' around the desert in the F-4 phantom. What a great time!! I don't know, however, how Californicated Boise has become since then.

Latest resources

Back