• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do we REALLY make???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as the sapaforums, can't say I've ever been there, not even registered.

Surprised you waste time here and never visit your internal forum to see what's going on. Better source of info than this place.
It is happening.
Unless you're one of those "it's not a problem until it happens to me" sort of people then you should be concerned.

This is entertainment.

And no, I'm not one of those people. Even though I bid the 700/900, I voted against the pay proposal because it didn't include the emb. That's not the only reason, but certainly the biggest.

I will not visit the sapaforums, because in my opinion, SAPA is the worst thing that could have happened to the Skywest pilots. I disagree with the setup from the get go.

Since PBS SkyWest pilots are working far more days and have way less vacation. Now SkyWest pilots aren't get paid for cancellations. It's one of those pen stroke policy changes. Unlike unionized counterparts there is nothing SkyWest pilots can do about it. They just take their pay cut and keep smiling.

dude, i don't even know where to start so, i'll just pick this one....I have 16 days off this month, 92 hours credit and 10 days in row off....pbs isn't perfect by any mean, but I haven't flown with anyone who would go back to our old system.....

before you beat me up too much, know that I realize our company is far, far from perfect.....i am just trying to put into perspective all this sh*t that gets thrown at us.......remember, 46% of our pilots voted down the last pay package, most don't want to see a single comair or asa plane on property and there are already many, many (including mine) alpa cards in the mail........

to be honest though, I was much, much more pro-alpa before I started having people like embdrvr telling me why our company sucks, why I'm scum, telling us what will happen if we don't vote in alpa and how we are responsible for the state of the industry.....if this is alpa brother hood sign me up!!!

Last edited:
dude, i don't even know where to start so, i'll just pick this one....I have 16 days off this month, 92 hours credit and 10 days in row off....pbs isn't perfect by any mean, but I haven't flown with anyone who would go back to our old system.....

!

Typical SkyWest attitude. If he's not getting screwed it's all good. I used to have a lot of months with 15 or 16 days off too.
Glad to hear your domicile is adequately staffed and has efficient pairings unlike the majority of domiciles. When you start getting the forced pairings, 6 day work blocks, standup tacked to the back of a trip, don't complain. I'll be the first to remind you that "noone would go back to our old system."

PBS works great in large domiciles that are adequately staffed.
It sucks under any other circumstances.
It also sucks you no longer get the higher of trip or training pay. That's part of your PBS paycut.

I get a kick out of the newbee punks like you that count your per diem as pay.

You have the worst vacation accrual in the industry and a lousy 401K match.
Your counterparts at other airlines get 3 to 5 times the match that you get especially when you factor in the B fund. How many days of vacation does your accrual from this year divided by 4.3 amount to? Less than 2 weeks?
As a young punk you don't understand the importance of retirement contributions. You don't comprehend how much more valuable nontaxed income is.

Hate speech? No. It's a reality check for a koolaid swilling anti-union propagandist.

And I will be laughing my a$$ off if you guys vote down the union and then ASA forces an integration. I'll laugh even harder if they get DOH and you end up as an FO for 5-7 years.

Then we'll be anxious to hear your perspective.

But for now we'll let you keep those kneepads on.

Well Said!!!!

Typical SkyWest attitude. If he's not getting screwed it's all good. I used to have a lot of months with 15 or 16 days off too.
Glad to hear your domicile is adequately staffed and has efficient pairings unlike the majority of domiciles. When you start getting the forced pairings, 6 day work blocks, standup tacked to the back of a trip, don't complain. I'll be the first to remind you that "noone would go back to our old system."

PBS works great in large domiciles that are adequately staffed.
It sucks under any other circumstances.
It also sucks you no longer get the higher of trip or training pay. That's part of your PBS paycut.

You hit the nail on the head! I'd gladly go back to our pre-PBS bidding, these forced pairings are cr@p!!!!!

Let me put an end to this right now. Sure you made more than me as a 2nd year 70 FO at ASA. Sure you will upgrade quicker. Oh and yes you had more days off and a better QOL.

(Now with trumpets in the background and an ALPA sticker on my bag)

You bottom feeders are ruining the industry. I don't think you understand that if you don't vote ALPA in soon you are going to get whacked! Let me also remind you that you fly the 70 and the 50 for the SAME RATE. I don't know how you go home and sleep at night. The industry is a flame. Look at Comair, Mesaba, AirWis... You did that to them. You and your SAME RATE can rot in HELL!!!

(At this point I rip off my pilot shirt to reveal a full back ALPA tatoo)

Bottom feeders?

Which airline, ASA or SkyWest, demanded that one must PFT to have a job during the 90's?? The answer is ASA - the ALPA carrier.

Second year at SkyWest $35.61 an hour and made a year to date of $48,600
abour a 1000 hours of credit (only about 800 flying), 26 holiday pay, 70 hours vacation, and the rest with performance rewards, some reserve credit and sick pay.quote]

Isn't that third year pay? Second is 34.54/hr or as of '07 $34.89

Latest resources

Back