• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do we REALLY make???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The ignorance at all levels in this business is sickening. If you want to be treated like professionals then start acting and speaking like one. I'm ashamed to be associated with most of you.

If your so ashamed of us then why don't you go somewhere that you feel your treated like a professional. We are treated like professionals. There is a difference between being reasonable and unreasonable

If your so ashamed of us then why don't you go somewhere that you feel your treated like a professional. We are treated like professionals. There is a difference between being reasonable and unreasonable

Professionals are paid for the work they do. What do you think about the recent decision by Skywest management to stop paying you for cancellations? You just had a new "agreement" with a whopping 1% pay raise for the jet guys and absolutely nothing for the "Bro" pilots, and now management takes away one of your industry-average work-rules. What will make you wake up and realize that management is not your buddy?

All union contracts are local in nature, that is why they have locals. They get the best they can get for the local's member's. If AAL wages would put Spirit out of business, then Spirit piltos are best served by at contract that keeps thier airline healthy at a wage level below AAL. ALPA represent Kitty Hawk pilots there contract is below Spirit because it is in the best interest of the local's members.

All union contracts are local in nature, that is why they have locals. They get the best they can get for the local's member's. If AAL wages would put Spirit out of business, then Spirit piltos are best served by at contract that keeps thier airline healthy at a wage level below AAL. ALPA represent Kitty Hawk pilots there contract is below Spirit because it is in the best interest of the local's members.

Don't you dare bring that well thought out, and accurate statement to the regionals forum of flightinfo.com. You should know by now that negotiating anything less than higher than the last highest contract awarded to another airline makes you a whore of the greatest scale. This is regardless of circumstances. duh!

I feel like I am treated like a professional. I'm not bitching about how I'm treated. I'm ashamed to be lumped in with the ignorant and grumpy pilots who make up the majority of this website, but the minority of the pilot groups overall.

This is the dumbest thread ever... My buddy graduated with a finance degree in May... He's 21 and didn't know anyone where he now works, he went to a state school. He made 42,000 in six months at his job and he's home every night. Starts at 9 leaves at 3:30 or 4:00, leaves at noon on Fridays. I think we all lost too everyone that decided this was a bad idea, SkyWest guys included.

12 pages...minimum.

Driz; I am sure the DAL pilots felt the same way after te UAL contract was awarded.

The ignorance at all levels in this business is sickening. If you want to be treated like professionals then start acting and speaking like one. I'm ashamed to be associated with most of you.

Then "teach us a lesson" and leave the industry.

I guess in your own little world it's unreasonable to expect COLA that keep up with inflation(like the ones we used to get for the first 29 years this company was in business, before you were hired)????? This means you think sliding backward every year as inflation continues upward is reasonable?

Latest resources

Back