What do we REALLY make???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pipers

All the hourly pay and name calling debates aside, how did your hourly rates really shake out over the last year? As we know, $34 vs. $37 (or whatever) bucks an hour only tells part of the story. At the risk of being called tacky, I'll share my year for perspectives sake.......

Second year at SkyWest $35.61 an hour and made a year to date of $48,600
abour a 1000 hours of credit (only about 800 flying), 26 holiday pay, 70 hours vacation, and the rest with performance rewards, some reserve credit and sick pay.

Only thought this would help to show more of the big picture. I only picked up two junior man trips througout the year. Didn't seem like a real tough year, averaged about 14 days off a month with locals, 2 days 4 days (we have some that pay 28 hours) and stand ups. Hope this info helps somebody.........

WOW.....CONGRATULATIONS you big Airline pilot you....you should be proud!!!! And it does help.......me realize that this industry is in more trouble than any Skywest Pilot knows......

of course everyone wants to make more, but that much as an F/O is good. Thats decent pay for a living at any job.

All the hourly pay and name calling debates aside, how did your hourly rates really shake out over the last year? As we know, $34 vs. $37 (or whatever) bucks an hour only tells part of the story. At the risk of being called tacky, I'll share my year for perspectives sake.......

Second year at SkyWest $35.61 an hour and made a year to date of $48,600
abour a 1000 hours of credit (only about 800 flying), 26 holiday pay, 70 hours vacation, and the rest with performance rewards, some reserve credit and sick pay.

Only thought this would help to show more of the big picture. I only picked up two junior man trips througout the year. Didn't seem like a real tough year, averaged about 14 days off a month with locals, 2 days 4 days (we have some that pay 28 hours) and stand ups. Hope this info helps somebody.........

What could possibly motivate someone to post their personal earnings up on a public web forum?

26 holiday pay

Good for you...you managed to work on every single major holiday in the year to get that much holiday pay. Your family must admire your dedication to the company.

70 hours vacation

Can't quite figure out how you got this much vacation at second year longevity. Your entitlement with the annual hours you stated you were paid for would only put you around 38 hours.

WOW.....CONGRATULATIONS you big Airline pilot you....you should be proud!!!! And it does help.......me realize that this industry is in more trouble than any Skywest Pilot knows......

WOW.....CONGRATULATIONS you big check flying pilot. You know more than every one of the 2500 Skywest Pilots.

And Happy New Year while I'm at it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back