Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do RJET pilots think happens after RJET SLI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The information about the time of release of the proposals and the request for dress code from the arbitrator wasn't protected under the confidentiality agreements unlike the proposals which the teamsters leaked.
The arbitrator requested the dress code because he's played this game before. There is always some dickhead who thinks he can have a leg up by their unreasonable belief that the uniform will influence by it's projection of authority. Why do you think your truckers union has a policy of testifying in uniform. I think he wanted to put the process above high school drama.

If the arbitrator has "played this game before", how is he going to be "influence [d] by it's projection of authority."? It would all be for naught.... which again means that it doesn't matter.

And only one CBA has scope and only one CBA has this and that and another thing... that's why there is amalgamation in the process chain. I agree people need to join together and everyone is hoping for that going forward as things have been busy in the airline world. What many people fail to realize is that negotiations aren't one sided. If the company drags their feet and the NMB hasn't released anyobody what are you going to do? many of the ideas passed on BBSes are either not RLA legal or simply not an option. Things like "don't go to work and call off!", "issue press releases!", etc. RAH management is very good at showing up and saying "we're not prepared to talk about that" ad naseum. No new payrate was established as an arbitrator deemed it a 99-seat plane which is covered by the CBA. BB has said that 195s will need to be negotiated and post his UCB show, has dangled the payraise carrot to the employees. The funny thing is that in the same sentence it is reported that he said "the IBT will need to help there." or something to that effect. Just another way to spin it back onto and blame the pilots. Everyone is looking fwd to contract talks resuming but an EXCO swap sine they last were held has a spool-up time involved. Contract talks dragging out is very common in the industry now. Look what it took at FL to get a TA....
FL isn't a good comparison. How many TA's have they sent back? So they did make progress the entire time. Your union doesn't have a single section TA'd. Excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong but to the best of my knowledge you haven't even filed to have negotiations mediated under the auspices of the NMB. Usually unions file for mediation if the company doesn't come to negotiations in good faith.

If the arbitrator has "played this game before", how is he going to be "influence [d] by it's projection of authority."? It would all be for naught.... which again means that it doesn't matter.

It wasn't for his influence. It's to avoid the childish games that are played out in these events.

It shows the level of respect your group has for agreements.

over 5K hours and paid and treated like you have none. beautiful. EVERY FO at Midwest made more than that.
You don't think I realize that?? I've been trying to leave here for the past 17 months. Airlines don't want me because while I have turbine PIC, I don't have the magical pt. 121 turbine PIC.

With experience like that, the two of you should consider moving on to something else.... like say, the bottom of a seniority list at a major?? Just like everyone of those people at a major did.
Read above. You have no idea how much I'd love to move on.

Last edited:
What many people fail to realize is that negotiations aren't one sided. If the company drags their feet and the NMB hasn't released anyobody what are you going to do?

FAPA negotiated LOA39 with Republic. Striking was not a legal option. FAPA just negotiated an entire new section to add to our contract covering Multiple Domiciles, a TA has been achieved, and will be released to the membership in a few days. Again, striking was not a legal option. These two negotiations prove that contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to negotiate with Republic management.

FAPA negotiated LOA39 with Republic. Striking was not a legal option. FAPA just negotiated an entire new section to add to our contract covering Multiple Domiciles, a TA has been achieved, and will be released to the membership in a few days. Again, striking was not a legal option. These two negotiations prove that contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to negotiate with Republic management.
Yes FAPA can negotiate with the company. The IBT has been a battered housewife for so long, that the company knows they can completely disregard anything the IBT says or does.

Yes FAPA can negotiate with the company. The IBT has been a battered housewife for so long, that the company knows they can completely disregard anything the IBT says or does.

Let's all remember that if it comes to a representation drive...

The IBT is only focused on seat grabbing and nothing else. If they actualy had a halfway decent contract it would not such a big deal to merge lists with them. The problem is they are going to need huge improvments just to get to a decent regional contract.

It's not hard to negotiate a LOA with RAH when management WANTS to negotiate with you.

The IBT is focused on getting the best deal for their union members....and right now the only thing on the table is seats.

Last edited:
It's not hard to negotiate a LOA with RAH when management WANTS to negotiate with you.

The IBT is focused on getting the best deal for their union members....and right now the only thing on the table is seats.

I think not. So the IBT doesn't know how file for mediation?

Latest resources

Back