What did SAPA do about this?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is a brasilia pilot....
and I do remember the whole reimbursement thing... I didnt care because i had mine already and I use it for personal travel

So he knows first hand what its like not to have a raise. Not even a COLA type "raise."

My question is what did SAPA do about it? Nothing? What?

No one has answered yet on this thread. Not one person has even tried to answer that question!

I am for a union just not ALPA. They have one interest: MONEY!

This may be your last chance for a Union at SkyWest for a while. If this thing fails the only shot we will have is an independent in-house (AKA 2004 UPA), 2 - 3 years from now. There is no way at the regional level that would ever work. ALPA has already spent more money on us than they'll get back in dues for quite a while, if ever. They don't want us for the money, they want us for the 2600+ pilots. Strength is in numbers. Here's another thing to think about. If ALPA, for whatever reason, doesn't work out a simple 50% + 1 would bring in Teamsters, UPA or whomever else would better represent us. As of now we are "UN-REPRESENTED" don't waste this opportunity to change it. Ask your self this, If ALPA was free would you vote yes?

What did ALPA do for me at my previous carrier? Nothing? What? No one has answered that yet on this thread. Not one person has even tried to answer that question!

What did ALPA do for me at my previous carrier? Nothing? What? No one has answered that yet on this thread. Not one person has even tried to answer that question!

That's because you never stated who your previous carrier was, nor do you seem to ever come up with any legit arguments against ALPA!

Uncle Rio, Unions help those who help themselves.

That may sound all biblical and whatnot...but tell us this. When was the last time you got involved with YOUR union? You are part of the union. They don't do anything for you. You (along with your fellow pilots) do for yourselves. You are most likely one of the whiners who wants everybody else to do all the work and then complain when you don't get what you want. If you want change, you have to get involved. It must be hard going through life wondering why everybody doesn't bow to your every desire. Get involved or get trampled on by corporate America.

Everyone knows someone at SkyWest, call them and encourage them to vote. If they have questions encourage them to contact someone at the SkyWest ALPA OC.

Thanks for your help and support.

Hawkeyeguy

The latest KB letter should make every one want to vote yes. The guy is unbeleivable with the crap he spouts!

ALPA has done many things for all of us even before we were born! And they continue to champion safety whether or not you are member. Has TCAS or GPWS ever given you a warning? You can thank ALPA for that!

But don't forget that ALPA is run by VOLUNTEERS! Yes, except for the president, EVERYONE is a volunteer. They do NOT get compensated for doing ALPA work. Most of the volunteers sacrifice their time at home/overnight and even lose days off helping their fellow pilot. If you didn't get the help you feel you needed, I am sorry. I'm sure there was a good reason why a volunteer couldn't help you the way you wanted.

I hope you reconsider and vote for ALPA. Then you may have the chance to help out and make it so that no one else has your experience at Skywest.

Latest resources

Back