• Watchers 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

410dude

This is posted on the CHQlounge message board and says volumes as to what's wrong with this industry. They are talking about E-190s at CHQ.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]MatthewAMEL[/font]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Champion of the Obscure[/font]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Registered: Dec 2004
Domicile: MCO
Equipment: EMB
[/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Re: 190's[/font] [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/font] Originally posted by billy
But the more of them you get the less jobs there will be available at mainline.

Where do people get this idea from?

As far as I know, jetBlue, Southwest and Continential are the only majors hiring. Are you saying that WE (RAH) are taking jobs away from jetBlue and Southwest by flying the 190?

More people are flying today than pre-9/11. The number of seats that the regionals offer is NOT what "competes" with the flying done by majors. Majors are in such dire straits today because THEY missed the boat on the RegionalJet and the whole concept of point-to-point flying!

Hub and spoke is dead. No one wants to get to FLL from CMH by going through ATL.

And yes, I want E190's at RAH because I picked this company as my career. It's not a stepping stone. I will be perfectly happy flying the E190 and making $90K/yr.

As EVERY pilot should know by now, it is far better to be in the top 10% at CHQ than the bottom 25% at ANY major.
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]MatthewAMEL[/font]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Champion of the Obscure[/font]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Registered: Dec 2004
Domicile: MCO
Equipment: EMB
[/font]

[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]Re: Re: Re: 190's[/font] [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]quote:[/font] Originally posted by ThruTen
You'll be happy flying a 90-100 airplane for $90,000 when some NWA DC-9 Captain is making $150,000 doing the EXACT SAME JOB??!! God dammit..some of us are trying to have a career!!!!

And do you enjoy the way we are treated at CHQ?? The low-rent, used car salesmen that run this place?? The constant CBA violations?? The micro-management?? SOP's re-issued with one day's notice to prepare?? yadda yadda yadda...

You are speaking of the NWA that is poised on the brink of bankruptcy? Of that DC-9 crew that is days away from getting the furlough letter? My $90K/yr is gonna look pretty damn good to him when he takes that used car salesman job at Carmax.

I'm also having a career here at CHQ, a damn good one. I don't know of any other job where I get 15 days off a month and make the same money I do, with the potential to make what I can make here.

Don't like it here? Then YOU go over to Comair or ExpressJet. Oh, wait, you mean the guys that sit right seat for 5-7 years in a RJ with NO PLACE to go? Think it's crap here? Then YOU head on over to Mesa or Pinnacle or Eagle and then reminsce about the 'good ol days at CHQ'.

If having a career is truly your goal, then consider...your major choices are pretty limited: Southwest (737), jetBlue (E190/A320), FedEx or UPS. Are you saying you aren't going to be MORE attractive to any of those airlines if you have E190 PIC than if all you have is E145 or CRJ200/700 time? Flying the E170/190 gives you MORE of an opportunity to chase that major career you hold so dear.

Things could be better here...and I believe they are improving. And yes, if it takes an additional side letter to get the company to stop violating the CBA are you saying that's not worthwhile? That the IBT should just let the company continue to violate without trying to support the pilot group?

Management will ALWAYS try to get the most out of us (and the FA's) that they can. It's OUR job to stand up aganist those things we can't live with.
[/font]

MORE attractive to any of those airlines if you have E190 PIC than if all you have is E145 or CRJ200/700 time? Flying the E170/190 gives you MORE of an opportunity to chase that major career you hold so dear.

Ahahaha. Almost as bad as the RJ drivers who put down turboprop drivers. Get over it kids. The E170 and E190 are nothing but big, bloated RJ's. As long as you get paid RJ wages to fly them, they will always be RJ's in my book.

I'm the one that responded to this clown. He is an unfortunate exception. My opinion is the one that almost all of us share. We do not want these airplanes...they belong at the majors. And you should include my whole post...

"This is the saddest thing I've ever read on any message board. Truly sad. You'll be happy flying a 90-100 airplane for $90,000 when some NWA DC-9 Captain is making $150,000 doing the EXACT SAME JOB??!! God dammit..some of us are trying to have a career!!!!

And do you enjoy the way we are treated at CHQ?? The low-rent, used car salesmen that run this place?? The constant CBA violations?? The micro-management?? SOP's re-issued with one day's notice to prepare?? yadda yadda yadda...

Spend one day at a major and you'd kill yourself before you come back to CHQ. My God...spend 10 minutes reading Comair or ExpressJet's contract and you'll kill yourself when you compare them to our work rules. This management group here hates us. Just look at their attitudes towards CBA violations. They signed a CBA and now, we need a side letter telling them to abide by it??? What kinda crack are we smoking??"

Last edited:
Yep, it's goobers like him that are killing the airline pilot career.

90k wont even buy a nice new car a few years from now, even now a new truck or nice car will hit ya for 45k +.......never mind trying to have a family and send a couple of snot noses through college.

I dunno about you guys but I didn't spend all that time busting my hump at school and getting the experience so I can be paid the same as the high school grad down the street.

Just think what the 50 seat rates will end up being if the 100 seaters go for 90k max a year!

This guys gotta be joking or making something up. I thought douchebags that go on other airlines forums to come back here and post flame are pathetic enough. This cat works there, and in wanting to awkwardly bash his own airline, does this stupid crap. Unbelievable. That guys not trying to lower the bar, he's trying to bury it in the ground. I ever fly with this fella he's gonna get bi-ch-slapped. I would hope that most would want 90 seaters to always be with mainline. All the crap those fellas have gone through, they deserve more aircraft.

You know what, I read that post again, and he's making it all up. No one is stupid enough to actually be that way. People who lie on message boards to try and get people all riled up really need to check themselves.

Like it or not, the market wants to go towards 70-90 seaters and theres not much we or ALPA can do about it. But what can be done is once you have them on the property is to fight for the wages for flying bigger equiptment. There are too many guys with SJS (Thank you Bender) initially that will fly stuff like that for nothing. But once this becomes more commonplace do you really believe we won't be able to get the higher wages?

Southwest and Air Tran have both made money all this time abd pay their guys more than regionals. I think the writing is on the wall as far as this goes. Market has changed and those who conform will survive and those that don't will keep cutting employee wages (Northwestern) and eventually disappear.

I am not advocating anyone fly 90 seaters for 50 seater pay (you know who you are), but we need to keep our powder dry for when it's going to be force fed to us. They're going to go were they can make money and if they are making money, we press for the bigger wages for the bigger equiptment.

TiredOfTeaching said:
Like it or not, the market wants to go towards 70-90 seaters and theres not much we or ALPA can do about it. But what can be done is once you have them on the property is to fight for the wages for flying bigger equiptment. There are too many guys with SJS (Thank you Bender) initially that will fly stuff like that for nothing. But once this becomes more commonplace do you really believe we won't be able to get the higher wages?

QUOTE]

Or, more realistically and unfortunately for us all. The company you fly for will start a holding company and pay all the kids off the street who have SJS as bad as anyone, to fly them for, oh I don't know, a buck an hour more than 50 seaters.

Yes, I really do believe that we won't be able to get the higher wages. There's always another holding company lurking around the corner.

Hey 410 Dude,

That is an incredibly slanted thread title. For that one post, you neglected the 100 other posts that completely put down this way of thinking at CHQ. We've got a good group of guys here that are fighting the good fight.
I'm CHQ, and I say mainline can have 'em. That just isn't happening though.

Not much the CHQ pilots can do. If mainline is unwiling (or incapable) to fight to keep the scope in their contract then they're SOL.

All you can do is try to help them to help themselves.

Latest resources

Back