Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What can First year first officer skywest pilots make?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's nothing wrong with the Bro...are ya one of the SJS types?

Nope, I'm one of those LTE types. Likes To Eat.

Naw, seriously, there is nothing wrong with the Bro. I'd fly it in a heartbeat if that were my only option, just like I'd fly a Metro or a 1900. Granted, I'm not even close to being done with my dues-paying, but then again, I've already encountered enough affliction to not want to sell myself short.

-Goose

Awww... Ya can't really win on flightinfo anyway... Fly "anything" for "any pay" and you are all of a sudden "what's wrong with the industry." Be more selective, and all of a sudden, you've got SJS. Oh well.

Last edited:
im going to time out this year at skyw, over 100hrs allot of months. I make average of 1k-1.3k every 2 weeks. I have no wife, no mortgage, no dog, multiple girlfriends (I dont buy drinks or dinner for any of them!), and I barely get by with rent/school loans/car payment/credit cards. So if you have a fam/kid, and the old lady is not pulling $$, be ready for hell. Otherwise nut up, second year pay is good and upgrade is -1 year.

Nope, I'm one of those LTE types. Likes To Eat.

Naw, seriously, there is nothing wrong with the Bro. I'd fly it in a heartbeat if that were my only option, just like I'd fly a Metro or a 1900. Granted, I'm not even close to being done with my dues-paying, but then again, I've already encountered enough affliction to not want to sell myself short.

-Goose

Awww... Ya can't really win on flightinfo anyway... Fly "anything" for "any pay" and you are all of a sudden "what's wrong with the industry." Be more selective, and all of a sudden, you've got SJS. Oh well.

1st year pay is the same for both A/C...

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with the Bro...are ya one of the SJS types?
Not wanting to fly a turboprop has a lot more to do than SJS for a lot of people.

1st year pay is the same for both A/C...

At SkyWest... First year pay at Eagle for the ERJ/CRJ is $5/hour more. That's what causes me a bit of pause... I like to at least make a little more than what my expenses are.

-Goose

Last edited:
At SkyWest... First year pay at Eagle for the ERJ/CRJ is $5/hour more. That's what causes me a bit of pause... I like to at least make a little more than what my expenses are.

-Goose

I guess it wasn't clear that I was talking about Skyw and not Eagle...(figured the bro was a good giveaway)

At SkyWest... First year pay at Eagle for the ERJ/CRJ is $6/hour more. That's what I'm getting at.

-Goose
You need to rank what is important to you: $$$, upgrade time, QOL, etc...

It's very hard to get good advice in this industry because everyone's motivations are different.

You mention that the first year pay sucks, but also consider that the upgrade at SkyW right now (not tomorrow) is 13 months on the RJ. That helps make up some ground...

Latest resources

Back