Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What can First year first officer skywest pilots make?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

walangtakot

Hello, I am in the process of applying to skywest airlines. I would like to be based out of saltlake or tucson. I am trying to plan ahead and look at the financial impact of first year pay. My question is can any of you skywest pilots give me a straightup answer as to what I can expect to bring home my first year at skywest. I am a young, motivated CFI and not a big spender but I do have flying loans that I start paying on next month. Any and all info./ recommendations appreciated. I want to and am willing to live wherever the first 6 months or so and to pick up extra trips to hopefully (time out) or max out my flying hours. Thanks again!

their $19 an hour is among the lowest off all regionals. comes out to about 22k a year.

And you'll likely change your mind real quick about working extra....time at home is what youll shoot for.

If you're single and want to work hard, I'll bet you can hit 27k. You'd have to credit 100+ hours a month and hit about $300/month in per-diem. It's a sheetload, but it's doable.

How long does it take to hold SLC? Could one get it out of training?

-Goose
32 out of 37 in my class got SLC out of training, but that changes all the time. You should be able to hold SLC VERY soon.

32 out of 37 in my class got SLC out of training, but that changes all the time. You should be able to hold SLC VERY soon.

Sweet. How long is reserve in SLC? (I probably should have asked that earlier.) Probably depends somewhat on equip--Bro vs. CRJ

-Goose

Sweet. How long is reserve in SLC? (I probably should have asked that earlier.) Probably depends somewhat on equip--Bro vs. CRJ

-Goose
I couldn't tell you exactly, but I'm sure not very long at all. I sat reserve out of IOE (just after x-mas) for only two weeks in ORD.

You can pretty much plan on getting assigned the Bro if you have less than 2000tt and no turbine time. Last new-hire bro FO I talked to was an SFO reserve.

Latest resources

Back