Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the chances of AA hiring again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA did the same thing a couple of summers ago on DFW-HNL.... not only did they flight plan at .82, they flight planned at something like FL250!! All this to keep from having an FB ("eater" in TWAspeak.) Eventually that came to a halt as well.

Cobra, as far as what we do on super long haul, it is one CA and 3 FOs. DFW-Beijing would be the same, I suspect. I thought you NWA guys had 2 CAs and 2 FOs?

What's wrong with a little creative planning?

accinelli--Are you an AMR management pilot? Or, did Lowcur drop another $10 to get a new screen name?

I do Pt. 91 longhaul now to 11 hours w/o a relief pilot. It's not safe. We'll do India/China/BKK/SIN with a third pilot and you still get punchy after being up 24 hours (including the 4-6 hours in the "crew rest").

You need flat rest (a FC seat doesn't cut it) isolated from the main cabin and FA intrusions for long periods at a time (6 hours plus) at a minimum.

I've you've done these types of long-haul and you feel great after a couple hours of rest in a FC seat, I commend you. I'm just the product of inferior genes, I guess. :rolleyes: TC

accinelli--Are you an AMR management pilot? Or, did Lowcur drop another $10 to get a new screen name? TC

No TC, this guy is not a pilot for AA, nor anyone else for that matter... He is a pilot-hating Northwest Airlines flight attendant who likes to "play" pilot here on FI. I wasted a few minutes reading some of his posts a while back after reading a comment he made in another thread... I feel dumber for having done so.

No TC, this guy is not a pilot for AA, nor anyone else for that matter... He is a pilot-hating Northwest Airlines flight attendant who likes to "play" pilot here on FI. I wasted a few minutes reading some of his posts a while back after reading a comment he made in another thread... I feel dumber for having done so.

You feel dumber as reality has manifested itself and is finally coming out. The pilots, wannabes and jackasses on this board (especially in the majors section) just cannot handle that one of their own would have a difference of opinion.

Ass,

So are you a fa, low level mgmt, or a pilot (which I doubt unless you are just trolling these boards to stir up trouble). It has to be pretty obvious that no one agrees with you on any topic I have seen so far. My guess is low level mgmt. who was always obscenely jealous of pilots pay and work conditions, but was too lazy or unqualified to become a pilot yourself.

You feel dumber as reality has manifested itself and is finally coming out. The pilots, wannabes and jackasses on this board (especially in the majors section) just cannot handle that one of their own would have a difference of opinion.

No, I feel dumber for having sat in front of the computer and wasted valuable minutes of my life going back and reviewing some of the tripe you dole out here. You are not an airline pilot, you are a flight attendant who is quite envious of pilots, and you think you deserve pilot money and work rules because you work "harder" than us... You revel in fact that pilots have taken a financial hit and you think we are still overpaid. Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I just think you'd get a modicum of respect here if you'd just shoot straight instead of pretending to be something you're not...

What's wrong with a little creative planning?

accinelli,

You claim you are one of us (pilot), yet you make a statement like the one above?

As a current type rated 767 pilot, AA's flight planning that flight at FL260 wasn't creative, it was irresponsible and would have been criminally negligent if serious injuries had occurred from hitting a mountain wave at 320 KIAS.
There is also the factor of increased fatigue due to the increased air noise in the cockpit.

Don't let me slow you down, you have every right to continue on proving yourself as a retard.:D

So basically you'd risk losing the China route to another airline. And then you'll whine about AA not recalling fast enough pilots.

The company can come to an agreement on the new China routes anytime they want. It's not about just this particular route. It's about setting a precident. They know this. The APA knows this. If Arpey wants to continue to antagonize and insult his workforce, there's not much the workers can to about it. But don't expect them to prostrate themselves before management's alter of pain.

I was on property when that happened...

AA did the same thing a couple of summers ago on DFW-HNL.... not only did they flight plan at .82, they flight planned at something like FL250!! All this to keep from having an FB ("eater" in TWAspeak.) Eventually that came to a halt as well.

Cobra, as far as what we do on super long haul, it is one CA and 3 FOs. DFW-Beijing would be the same, I suspect. I thought you NWA guys had 2 CAs and 2 FOs?

.....I heard the CP delivered the flight plan to the Captain of that flight at the gate. That is a pretty strong incentive to fly the plane the way you are told.

Latest resources

Back