What am I striking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
Well Joe, according to ASACONTRACT.COM the company proposal still shows 50% DH pay. 100% is scratched through, and 50% is underlined. It also does not show anything as "matched". I would point out to you as well that the ALPA summary has a disclaimer at the bottom that basically states that just the highlights (or lowlights) are shown, and that the summary does not represent all that is being discussed.

According to the 2/24/06 package proposal at the bottom of the contract sections, management agreed to accept ALPA's position on DH at 100%. What's with all the secrets. Information is lacking and needs to be given to make informed decisions. I see a lot of decisions being made on bad information and emotion.

atrdriver said:
I believe that the reason that we don't have it is because the company has not offered it to us as of yet. I know for a fact that was the case as of 2 months ago.

Unions have historically been opposed to profit sharing based systems. I don't believe the "decision makers" want profit sharing. Many of the die hard ALPA people on here are adamently opposed to profit sharing.

JoeMerchant said:
Unions have historically been opposed to profit sharing based systems. I don't believe the "decision makers" want profit sharing. Many of the die hard ALPA people on here are adamently opposed to profit sharing.

So you're willing to take a pay cut in exchange for the "promise" of profit sharing? You're willing to base your pay on the performance of rampers in ATL who couldn't give a crap if your flight is on time? Really? Yes or no answer, no tirade.

John Pennekamp said:
So you're willing to take a pay cut in exchange for the "promise" of profit sharing? You're willing to base your pay on the performance of rampers in ATL who couldn't give a crap if your flight is on time? Really? Yes or no answer, no tirade.

Maybe Bryan or Jerry will kiss you after they $crew you. Take a pay cut now and enjoy the bag full of empty promises. I would not put my profit sharing in the hands of the ATL ramp. You might as well pi$$ that money down the drain.

Not directed at John P. Just adding to your posting.

All bonuses MUST be profit sharing, and not performance based! Let us share in all those record profits, but do not tie my pay to the miserable workers in ATL and our mismanagement.

John Pennekamp said:

The current rates on the table would be a payraise, not a paycut. The profit sharing would be on top of that. I would rather make $120 per hour, but that isn't going to happen given the nature of ALPA's pattern bargaining. So given the options, my answer is YES. Sorry for the "tirade".

Yeah - but Joe, can you vote for this "contract" without scope? The way I see it, even those pilots who think the Company's pay proposal isn't completely nuts still have to vote no on the outsourcing issue.

79%N1 said:
All bonuses MUST be profit sharing, and not performance based! Let us share in all those record profits, but do not tie my pay to the miserable workers in ATL and our mismanagement.
It is pretty much the same thing. Without hitting our performance numbers ASA will not make any profits. The Company has to get the bonus money from Delta.

~~~^~~~ said:
Yeah - but Joe, can you vote for this "contract" without scope? The way I see it, even those pilots who think the Company's pay proposal isn't completely nuts still have to vote no on the outsourcing issue.

Since certain members of our MEC and CNC don't believe we can bind the holding company per advice from ALPA national, what are our options? Even if you do bind the holding company, we still have to compete with our fellow "brothers" at other ALPA and Teamsters carriers, including mainline pilots who are underbidding us. In theory, I agree with you. In reality, I don't see many options anymore. Time for a plan B, but I'm not sure we even know what plan A is.

JoeMerchant said:
According to the 2/24/06 package proposal at the bottom of the contract sections, management agreed to accept ALPA's position on DH at 100%. What's with all the secrets. Information is lacking and needs to be given to make informed decisions. I see a lot of decisions being made on bad information and emotion.

That is a package deal that the company has proposed. I don't believe that ALPA has agreed to it yet. Without the package deal the companies proposal is still 50% as I understand it. You are on the MEC Joe, you should be able to get whatever information you want to see. Unlike you, I have to call someone on the CNC to get information.

Latest resources

Back