• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Airtran brings to the table

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A side note, at SWA bags do fly free, they usually fly the AM trips out of PHX and OAK. Just letting you in on this as a professional courtesy, ignore at your own risk.

ROFLMAO!!

Dude, I'm buying you a beer. No, I mean it. LOLOL

Hope I get to stay in MCO or we open BNA as a base soon! Although I'm appreciative of Southwest's attitude towards bags, I can't help but want to avoid the issue, if at all possible. :D

A week into this and I haven't talked to one SW guy thats happy about this, maybe its a PHX thing! How many AT folks are as sick to their stomach as well? I sense a "Little" problem down the road. I understand that this is above our pay grade, but geez! Lets just hope this deal falls apart! Pronto!

It's a PHX thing....

Gotta say, this thread has to be the most appropriate and encouraging thread I've read in years on FI. I'm starting to feel slightly LUVed...forgot what that was like. Good luck to all of us, it's gonna be a kick-ass operation once we put the next year of integration behind us.

I agree, I just hope you guys are bringing a bunch of hot FA's with you. I am sick of flying with hair legs!!

A week into this and I haven't talked to one SW guy thats happy about this, maybe its a PHX thing! How many AT folks are as sick to their stomach as well? I sense a "Little" problem down the road. I understand that this is above our pay grade, but geez! Lets just hope this deal falls apart! Pronto!
Judging by the posts on this board as a rough indicator, I'd say the majority of people are just fine with it. A little apprehensive, perhaps, but certainly not "hoping the deal falls apart". I mean really? No,,, really? Blow a multi-BILLION dollar deal because you're nervous about what's going to happen?

Guess there will always be the radical fringe, regardless of what happens in aviation.

p.s. Yes, we have a couple super-senior people at AAI who aren't happy, but the vast majority of us are either resigned to something we have little or no control over or cautiously optimistic for the future. Seems to be a sentiment echoed over there as well.

11. Scabs.

A grain of sand in a full glass jar. Not even significant in the least.

Our total pilot group count is 1700. At last count, we had about 20 scabs left, half of which reside somewhere in the Training Dept. The other 10 on the line hang their pathetic heads low and scurry about in the shadows, hoping not to be seen.

How many ex-Eastern scabs are at SWA? Zero I hope. But if there are a few, then who cares...they are an insignificant minority with no say in anything.

I just read every post on this thread. I am impressed. I am so thankfull that guys/gals on both sides of this deal are optomistic about getting this deal done. I too look forward to buying a round of cold ones my first trip after we merge. You guys have gone a long way on this thread toward easing my fears of being treated like the bastard step child. Thanks SW guys/gals a truly class act!

Judging by the posts on this board as a rough indicator, I'd say the majority of people are just fine with it. A little apprehensive, perhaps, but certainly not "hoping the deal falls apart". I mean really? No,,, really? Blow a multi-BILLION dollar deal because you're nervous about what's going to happen?

Guess there will always be the radical fringe, regardless of what happens in aviation.

p.s. Yes, we have a couple super-senior people at AAI who aren't happy, but the vast majority of us are either resigned to something we have little or no control over or cautiously optimistic for the future. Seems to be a sentiment echoed over there as well.

Lear don't worry bro its all good. Where ever the chips fall, we as a whole will kick some butt.

Lear, If more people realized this merger is completely out of their control and understand it is going to happen, then maybe they can finally be happy about it. There are so many positives out there if people would just open their eyes for a second. I don't think for a second the majority want this to fall apart. Growth, better pay, new destinations, more crew bases, etc are great for all of us. SLI is the only thing people are screaming about. Not everybody is going to be happy, in fact most won't be I'm sure. The way I think about it though, is once it is done you create a new starting point in your life and move on. Kicking and screaming is no way to live when you can't do a thing about it. There is way to much alcohol and too many women in this country to be pissed and mad, there is simply better things to do. I wish us all the best and look forward to flying with you guys some day. We truly have a great opportunity here fellas, let's not screw it up.

Bake

Latest resources

Back