• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Airtran brings to the table

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAI crews bring urban survival strategies and high situational awareness from years of dodging car jackers, muggers & crack dealers on our way to and from the hotels, training center and employee parking lot!

Just to clear this up. SWA is running under 11 pilots per aircraft. Airtran is over 12.

Gup

Just as a quick aside, AirTran doesn't staff via a crews-per-airplane model. We use total block hours, and then have a ratio of pilots relative to total block hours based on our history. Planning swears we are short - who knows!

AAI crews bring urban survival strategies and high situational awareness from years of dodging car jackers, muggers & crack dealers on our way to and from the hotels, training center and employee parking lot!

The best yet. Outstanding. :laugh:

This reminds of that blog that one of your FO's had at nowheremag.com. He made me laugh so hard my whole body ached for a week. I hope I get to fly with that guy!

I've walked to get food after dark around the Quality Inn, not to bad but not the safest. Try taking a walk across the street from the Days Inn at Oakland Alameda Coliseum to the Denny's after dark. Not to mention waiting for the hotel van at the BART! How about the Hell's Angels and there 'ol ladies invading the joint during the holiday's. Let's not even bring the Black Panthers in to this.

Dick

We both bring our own list of things we bring to the table. We will be one company soon. Until then, just like GK said, we are competitors. When this is all played out, we will be able to reap the benefits of each others hard work and sacrifice. I have many friends that went to AT from my previous company and look forward to them becoming SWA pilots.

Welcome aboard all!

Dick

There are a lot of dots that need to be connected on route map after the merger. Just islands alone can make money from MDW, TX and west coast. There will be hiring.

Latest resources

Back