• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Airtran brings to the table

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am watching the Georgia game (sucks btw) and an Airtran/Southwest ad just came on. Yes, both airlines in one tv commercial. WOW!!!!

Lear, If more people realized this merger is completely out of their control and understand it is going to happen, then maybe they can finally be happy about it. There are so many positives out there if people would just open their eyes for a second. I don't think for a second the majority want this to fall apart. Growth, better pay, new destinations, more crew bases, etc are great for all of us. SLI is the only thing people are screaming about. Not everybody is going to be happy, in fact most won't be I'm sure. The way I think about it though, is once it is done you create a new starting point in your life and move on. Kicking and screaming is no way to live when you can't do a thing about it. There is way to much alcohol and too many women in this country to be pissed and mad, there is simply better things to do. I wish us all the best and look forward to flying with you guys some day. We truly have a great opportunity here fellas, let's not screw it up.

Bake

Anyway we could post this in all the crew lounges? :beer:

I think the one of the biggest adjustments AT guys will have to make is flying our old 3/500s without autothrottles and only one FMC. A plus for those aircraft is they have enough armor plating to resist a missle hit.

I guess change is hard to take.
I can't wait to be part of a company with a tradition of treating employees well. And just like my other colleagues I can't wait to buy you guys a round. (Better get ready, with all the free rounds you guys will be getting, those livers may start to suffer...)
I have good friends at SW, and once we merge ops, I look forward to flying with them...

I guess I should express that other feeling I have as well. After so many years of making AirTran a great place it is sad to see the brand disappear... I have to say I did like the uniforms, the business class the assigned seating, the international growth.d AirTran is like a little legacy with an LCC. Hated management though (bunch of greedy liers...)

I'm sure the new culture will make me forget the good things we had as they get replaced with the better things... I hope the feeling of "cheating on AirTran" goes away quickly so I can enjoy myself fully.

You guys have always been awesome in my book and I can assure you that you are getting a great bunch of guys and a great airline (minus the management). We are professional, funny, good looking and sociable. I think we'll be fitting right in with you guys! Ohh, and we have been hiring some hottie flight attendants lately too... :beer:

I hope the party starts soon...

Nice post- not cheating- just adding to it
;-)

As a 3 year AT/FO I can say we are all very happy about the merger and hope it all goes smoothly. The rumblings aren't so much SLI but getting a TA that we have been ready to strike for in place while we wait for the ink to dry. This is the most hostile MGT around and we just don't want to see this MGT team walk away with millions on our back. Take some office furniture on the way out if you will. I look forward to working each and everyone at SW and hope to crush any airline that treats there employees remotely as Airtran does/soon to be did. Bring back the profession to a respected and well compensated position.

Merger? what merger?

Glad to hear this. I'm sure both sides are scared of what could possibly happen with the SLI, and that's only natural--just like it's natural to "look out for #1," so to speak. I guess we have to look at it like a power couple negotiating a pre-nup. I'm sure that in the end, we'll all see that we have a lot in common and can work really well together and put the difficult period of negotiations aside. Part of our famous culture is a "Warrior's Spirit." Well, if anything, these negotiations are bringing this out on both sides. Let's just make sure that when we combine, that same "Warrior's Spirit" comes to life in a positive way and is directed outward towards the competition. It sure has been lacking at the corporate level in this previous period of no growth. You guys are going to like it here.

I just read every post on this thread. I am impressed. I am so thankfull that guys/gals on both sides of this deal are optomistic about getting this deal done. I too look forward to buying a round of cold ones my first trip after we merge. You guys have gone a long way on this thread toward easing my fears of being treated like the bastard step child. Thanks SW guys/gals a truly class act!

Latest resources

Back