• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What airport has the worst controllers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a quick gripe:If you are going to Sun N' Fun next year and you can't follow the Lake Parker arrival-stay home,go Greyhound,drive,anything but fly into Lakeland.Too many morons out there ! I saw a Bonanza leave base leg on a 45 and go straight to the numbers for 9R ,cutting off about 3 airplanes on short final with the poor controller screaming at him to go around.We had another Bonanza (another Bonanza ? I see a pattern here...) at about 800'MSL going from Lake Parker to the airport-the published altitude is 1,200' MSL.I saw numerous aircraft using 18-36 at Waycross,GA last week.Problem is,it is NOTAMED CLOSED 11a-11P ! Let's be careful out there.

Lrjtcaptain said:
You know what guys and girls, you can bash us controllers all day long. We don't care. Some are excellent, and some cant handle two airplanes. Keep in mind that very shortly the FAA is gonna say screw it, too many retirees, and we have no money to hire, so they are gonna contract. And when they do, its gonna be absolutly chaotic. There will be loss of seration all day long, and more then likely alot of close calls and maybe even a few planes banging together. Keep in mind also that alot of you out there that think your hot **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** cause you fly 121, that your really a bunch of freaking idiots...not all of you, but on a daily basis i get my fare share of idiots. I had a part 135 carrier yesterday call in and I told him to report a 5 mile final cause I was busy and didn't have a whole lot of time to be watching the radar to sequence this idiot so the 5 mile call would have given me ample time to sequence him properly...No 5 mile call was ever made....so...i saw him on a 3 mile final, sequenced a few behind him, never gave the guy a landing clearence....when he landed i asked to report his position.....A, sir im on runway14...."oh, i must have missed your 5 mile report." "oh, im sorry i didn't hear you ask for that" "did you hear me give you a landing clearence" "No, i didn't" "then what the hell are you doing on my runway?" Constant, never ending crap all day and all night. So, now its my turn to fire em back

Mesa.....alrighty...Worst airline by far. More runway incursions then anyone. Way to go.
United....as a customer id rather take greyhound.
America West....next inline on runway incursions after mesa...I don't mind flying you guys though.
DELTA....you rock! The only airline i actually go out of my way to fly.....

And all you GA pilots that have like 100 hrs total time, buy your little turbine powerd bonanza's and centiorions, call on a 5 mile final out of 5000ft, get cleared to land and request a 360 cause your too high......get a head of the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** airplane you idiots..

So if I'm going into ATC, this is what I have to look forward to. :eek: :)

Hilarious post Lrjtcaptain :cool: :p

hey pilotman, im just venting my ATC frustration. I fly too. Used to do it as my profession and i love pilots and love flying....but they make us look like assholes when we are working our ass off to make the system safe. I know this is a harmless thread but at the same time its disrespectful. They think that they do everything right when in reality the bust the FARS all day long and usually we let it slide....Well, ill tell you what, im getting to the point where I need to make an example at my airport so this BS stops.

A lot of facilities are governed by letters of agreement just like airlines have policy. ICT used to make you fly over a "gate"--even at 11pm! Used to piss me off! I got drinking to do!!! Anyway, it was generated by the daytime supervisor.TC

Back when I used to fly cargo into Wichita, KS, I can remember a time tower cleared me for takeoff, I checked final(first time that week) just as a Avro is like 150ft off the ground. I was like, "can I wait for the avro?" They were like, "yyeeeaaahhhh...why don't you just hold off on that departure." They were a good bunch though, man I used to do some crazy arse approaches into there. I like most of the midwestern controllers, but there's an ANGRY BIATCH that works up in Omaha, man she can suck it big sometimes. Then again, they also have a gal that used to work center in KC, she actually recognized my voice the first time I came in there, she probably weighs 2 plus, and legs of gravy............but I like to pertend she's short and sweet and all for me........aaaaaahhhhhhh.

Lrjtcaptain said:
Well, ill tell you what, im getting to the point where I need to make an example at my airport so this BS stops.

What airport is that so I can make sure I'm not the example?

New York Arrival is the only place that I routinley have to use the speedbrake to make altitudesfor profiles. And on the 727 it makes a lot of rumbling

Lrjtcaptain said:
hey pilotman, im just venting my ATC frustration. I fly too. Used to do it as my profession and i love pilots and love flying....but they make us look like assholes when we are working our ass off to make the system safe. I know this is a harmless thread but at the same time its disrespectful. They think that they do everything right when in reality the bust the FARS all day long and usually we let it slide....Well, ill tell you what, im getting to the point where I need to make an example at my airport so this BS stops.

What I've repeated heard in various intro to ATC classes and whatnot that I've taken is that controllers have "The Big Picture" while pilots don't. So pilots may not understand why they are being vectored out and around somewhere south of He!!, ATC has a "flow" they have to maintain, regardless of what a pilot wishes.

I've found this entire thread and some of the posts in it to be somewhat uninformed. While I understand that pilots may not get clearances and routes that they prefer, everyone has to make sacrifices to make the system work. Lord knows I've gotten some strange assignments while flying with ATC, but it happens and you learn to deal with it.

Latest resources

Back