What A Freaking Shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Guess what GENIUS? Delta is in BANKRUPTCY. We are. You are in denial buddy. It is hard to NOT think of getting a second pay cut, since the first just got rid of our huge pay raise (which I enjoyed probably a year longer than most analysts thought we should). That is the way it goes when your airline is in the crapper. You have got to hope that things turn around gas wise and we get some better management---Whitehurst will likely take over and he seems to have some vision.

Bankruptcy? Delta? No..... say it aint so general. You sound like EG on the dalpa boards flighting with everybody. And if you think its only a second pay cut that you'll have to swallow then wait till march when dalpa negotiates LOA 51. But since all the new senior guys/gals are making good money with the vast amount of greenslips (opentime flying) I can see why this TA would pass. Just watch by how much the greenslipping increases in the near future.

You guys at UPS really HAVE NO REASON TO NOT STRIKE, since you are at a company making huge PROFITS (what we don't do), and they still won't give you a larger piece. What is the first year pay over there? I admit, I would love to be there, but really, why is it so low? Will that change? It should.

UUUMMMM......oh bright one.... what part of the first sentence of the first post did you not understand. The NMB refused to release the IPA. At least I can say with all honesty that I'm glad to be a part of a solid union and not the POS you call a union.

So, MR Brown Stain, you need to look at apples and oranges. We are not in the same position you are, and we are doing better than most while they were in court.

More "KOOL-AID" general???????????

How is that FN FAL???? Don't want to offend the grammer police.

We are taking them to task on several points that will save us some cash, but that is about all we can do-----with the shape we are in now. We have lost $11 BILLION in 5 years. We owe $10.6 billion in pension obligations. You are the retard for not seeing the difference.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As for the rest on this board that read my rants from last night, my apologies. Thats what happens when you are bored and then decide to mix in the alcohol and then grab a computer. I have no ill will against Delta airlines as a whole, just the greedy pilots that keep stabbing the furloughees in the back.

General....

as for your stain comment? Just wait till LOA 51 sometime by march. Me thinks you'll be staining your own shorts plenty flying that 100 seater after 12 years making 88 dollars an hour. And 5827 Posts????? wow...

Ty....

Thats the first time I've seen you defend the general and the delta pilots. Wow.... bravo...

I have not been successfull at giving my wife away as of yet, but I'll give the delta pilot group a try.

ps. Say hello to your mom for me. ;)

FN FAL said:
Maybe if you had gotten the contractions, "You're" or "I'm" correct on your resume, yore paychecks would have sed FedEx on them instead.

However, I do see where you might be a little overqualified for Dewey, Huey and Louie, as you got "you'll" and "you've" correct.

In addition, you missed the hypnenation of the product brand name "Kool-Aid" .

Maybe you should proof read your own posts.

HalinTexas said:
DAL got off relatively light this time around. Just remember one thing: just because you signed a deal today doesn't mean Mgt. won't be back tomorrow to ask for more.

Each pilot needs to decide what their "bottom" is and when they've hit it. I've hit mine. 8th year B737 FO at $73/hr, should be B737 CA still at $148/hr. I'm sick of the incompetence and lies.

Oh, you know they will. They all have you by the ba!!s and they know if you turn down a TA, they will just keep coming at you with the concessions increasing each time. Then they throw in the "we will shut down" blackmail all the while building their next 3 million dollar house.

AceCrackshot said:
Did anyone in their wildest imaginations think that DALPA was going to "stand tall?"

Simply put, as a institution, DALPA decisions are, in no small measure, why the commercial pilot population in the U.S. is in the situation it finds itself in. This is no slam on the individual pilot; most of the ones most directly effected weren't on the seniority list when DALPA made it precedent setting decisions. However, the rise of the RJ can be laid at their feet, as can the repercussions of DALPA helping to throw the TW, Eastern, PA and Braniff guys under the bus.

So thanks DALPA, for allowing contract pilots now into the mix. That camel ain't getting out of the tent either.

A pox on your house like you diseased mine.

Thank gawd Dalpa brought the pay scale bar up higher than anyone else EVER. Yeah, Dalpa has only done bad things for this industry.......RIIIIIIGHT.
When you are backed in a corner and your company is tanking, it is tough to keep anything.

And, contract pilots? You have no clue what you are talking about. Our contract allowed pilots to retire with only 24 hours notice. 24 hours notice. If you have 400 guys leave on one day (last day of the month), and they were all senior flying 777s or 764s, you would have to park the fleets. No captains equals no flying. So, we allowed pilots to stay for a few months to train replacements, allowing for our planes to keep flying and keep the revenue coming in. That was Dalpa and the contract, not the company doing that. That allowed the senior guys to get as much as they could for the lump sum, knowing that the rest would be gone in a flash. Ask the NW or USAir guys how they feel about that? They probably wish they had the same deal. (NW guys will probably lose their full pensions too, with no lump sum pay out) But, at the same time, it would have been terrible for the fleets to allow 400 guys to give one day notice. Allowing guys to stay a few extra months solved the problems, for us and the company.

Makes sense, doesn't it? Yes, yes it does.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
Oh, you know they will. They all have you by the ba!!s and they know if you turn down a TA, they will just keep coming at you with the concessions increasing each time. Then they throw in the "we will shut down" blackmail all the while building their next 3 million dollar house.

You don't know that. Sure, everyone thinks that, but the judge still is at the helm, and she was told many many times that they really needed $325 million. She told them a couple times that she thought the pilots shouldn't give them anything. So, to go back and ask the judge for more will put them in the line of fire. She is looking out for the creditors no doubt, but we will likely fullfill the $325 million requirement when we get credit (from the judge) for a future dumping of the pension plan. That savings, plus our new pay cut, will come very close to that amount.

The wildcard is the judge, and she has not been very nice to management in the end. And, I think one more asking will push that no vote over the edge. We have NEVER had a vote that close. (usually in the 80% range) This was pretty close.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Network-King,

Well, I don't go to the Dalpa board too much, too many hot heads on that board. As far as the 100 seat rate, we are also fighting for the 79 seaters. I am sure that the rates will be low, but that wasn't our fault, rather Jetblue management (no union there). That has really set the bar, NOT US. I probably won't be flying the 100 seater (MD88 Capt may be next for me), but I am sure many will and will be happy to. You have to get the aircraft first and then work for the rates. Our furloughed pilots that aren't flying would love to come over and fly again, and maybe we can hire again someday into those planes too.

I can see that you are upset, but sometimes you have to look at the options, and we did lower the amount Delta wanted and still have the chance to fight for other things. We are in bankruptcy----the first time ever for Delta, and it is not easy to fight when you are cornered. We have done ok so far, and we will either get a fair (not slanted towards us only---can't happen in Chap 11) deal or we do shut it down. It was close, and that is the key----for both ALPA negotiators and for the company. Go fly your UPS 757 and work on your own future.

And, I do have a lot of posts. I have been on this board for years, and I enjoy the debate. I still do other things in my spare time, but when I get on here I usually give plenty of responses. I enjoy it. You need to find something you enjoy and not always complain. Play the lotto and get out of this industry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back