• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What A Freaking Shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look, Delta didn't have a choice. These days, with the 1113 sword hanging over your head, you take the best deal you can get, keep your company in business and hope you can fight again another day.

Like I've said before, the airline employees cannot regain leverage with the current representational structure. ALPA is done at the pax carriers. It will take everyone hitting bottom (they're close) and rebuilding a union to represent ALL airline pilots--recognizing that ALL airline pilots require the same level of representation regardless of who they work for or the relative health of their respective company.

Pilots have to get over this notion of the haves v. have nots. That is what ALLOWED PAA, EAL, BN and TWA to be cut off from the herd and eliminated. Now those who allowed that are being cut down.

That cannot be allowed to happen in the future. Good luck.TC

I just read that on the same day that the NMB did NOT release the IPA and UPS, they released World Airways and their pilots. Typical political bs. "We should make both life-changing decisions today, so that we don't have to do anything for the rest of the week."

Like I've said before, the airline employees cannot regain leverage with the current representational structure. ALPA is done at the pax carriers. It will take everyone hitting bottom (they're close) and rebuilding a union to represent ALL airline pilots--recognizing that ALL airline pilots require the same level of representation regardless of who they work for or the relative health of their respective company.

Pilots have to get over this notion of the haves v. have nots. That is what ALLOWED PAA, EAL, BN and TWA to be cut off from the herd and eliminated. Now those who allowed that are being cut down.

That cannot be allowed to happen in the future.

Best post I've seen on this board in quite a while....

how sad that out of 6000 pilots, only 5166 voted. Should have been all pilots voting, then maybe they would have voted it down. I actually think no vote is counted as a no vote. Wimps!

My "Brown Stain" comment was ONLY directed at Networ-King, NOT the UPS pilots in general. I have never had a problem with anyone else at UPS, and I think you guys have a good chance of increasing your pay and benefits in the future, which is good for all of us. We tried the same with our C2K contract, and then things got bad starting with 9-11.

The current TA is a bitter pill, but it is better right now than the alternative. We gained a bit on what they were initially asking for, and have a chance to save more before this is over, compared to a full 1113 anyway. We still have scope and other rules that so far haven't been touched, and we are fighting to keep them.

PHXFlyr,

58% shows ALPA and management that it wouldn't take much more to sway that vote to 49% against. It wasn't a 90% vote FOR like most in the past. I think there is a lot of discontent, and many were really close to voting it down.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DAL got off relatively light this time around. Just remember one thing: just because you signed a deal today doesn't mean Mgt. won't be back tomorrow to ask for more.

Each pilot needs to decide what their "bottom" is and when they've hit it. I've hit mine. 8th year B737 FO at $73/hr, should be B737 CA still at $148/hr. I'm sick of the incompetence and lies.

Good luck, DAL & NWA, we're all counting on you.

Did anyone in their wildest imaginations think that DALPA was going to "stand tall?"

Simply put, as a institution, DALPA decisions are, in no small measure, why the commercial pilot population in the U.S. is in the situation it finds itself in. This is no slam on the individual pilot; most of the ones most directly effected weren't on the seniority list when DALPA made it precedent setting decisions. However, the rise of the RJ can be laid at their feet, as can the repercussions of DALPA helping to throw the TW, Eastern, PA and Braniff guys under the bus.

So thanks DALPA, for allowing contract pilots now into the mix. That camel ain't getting out of the tent either.

A pox on your house like you diseased mine.

Last edited:
Networ-King said:
General.....

...YOUR IN DENIAL MAN, get over it.

...You've been optomistic

...you've taken

...Im being cautiously optomistic

...Wait till march and you'll see

...but sooner or later your gonna have to crawl

...bring it you koolaid drinking retard

Maybe if you had gotten the contractions, "You're" or "I'm" correct on your resume, yore paychecks would have sed FedEx on them instead.

However, I do see where you might be a little overqualified for Dewey, Huey and Louie, as you got "you'll" and "you've" correct.

In addition, you missed the hypnenation of the product brand name "Kool-Aid" .

FN FAL said:
Maybe if you had gotten the contractions, "You're" or "I'm" correct on your resume, yore paychecks would have sed FedEx on them instead.

However, I do see where you might be a little overqualified for Dewey, Huey and Louie, as you got "you'll" and "you've" correct.

In addition, you missed the hypnenation of the product brand name "Kool-Aid" .

Latest resources

Back