• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We want to replace the 737-200s with OUR PILOTS."

And people in hell want ice water.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
There you go, it was all our fault.... Give me a break. How about high management pay? Leo Mullin got $16 million, and he did a crappy job. Right? Don't blame it on the pilots and the C2K contract, since it was a fixed cost and they knew about it. We would have given more sooner, had there not been an offshore account for the top thirty executives. (that all left anyway)

And, we haven't saved the company, I know that. We gave some time for more negotiations to take place, and give us a better chance to get credit for a possible dumping of the pensions. That is why 58% voted YES. It doesn't mean we are their ATM. The judge is still watching this, and will approve or disapprove the final product, and she has already given her opinion on what we should get credit for.

As far as scope, profit sharing, etc----those are all high on the list. We all knew we were in for another pay cut, since the C2K contract really gave us a large raise, and that went away last December. We knew another one was on the way. We also know the pensions will be gone, and that is something we want credit for (out of the total $325 million needed by the company) and was acknowledged by the judge herself.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You take kudos and sometimes you get lumps.

regionaltard said:
"We want to replace the 737-200s with OUR PILOTS."

And people in hell want ice water.

That's why I pay lots of money to a union, to hopefully fight for me and others. We all have issues that are important, and this one really is important to most. ALPA knows this and it is a priority. We need to keep as many high paying (or potentially high paying) jobs as we can, and if we lose the 737-200s eventually, we have to find planes that will replace them to keep our jobs and allow our furloughs to return if they want to.

Bye Bye--General Lee

HalinTexas said:
You take kudos and sometimes you get lumps.

Unjustly. Everyone has an opinion, but a lot of people don't really do the research.

Sure, we could have scoped the RJs back in '96, but then again could you see into the future and envisioned this? How about 9-11? Why didn't you tell someone? We have now learned about what happened when losing those planes forever, and now we are trying to correct that same mistake, and everyone complains. We now want to preserve the jobs, but we get slammed. We are now, finally, doing the correct thing by trying to keep everything over 70 seats. But, the RJDC can't see that. Tell them CAL is hiring please.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
That's why I pay lots of money to a union, to hopefully fight for me and others. No you pay union dues because you HAVE to. And Alpo has done nothing but FY and all the junior guys to keep the senior guys happy. FAE and all....We all have issues that are important, and this one really is important to most. ALPA knows this and it is a priority. You must have been telling that to yourself for a very long time because you are actually starting to believe your own BS. Alpa's only priority is to keep the senior guys happy and keep the monthly dues coming in so that woerthless and the bunch get their salaries. We need to keep as many high paying (or potentially high paying) jobs as we can, and if we lose the 737-200s eventually, we have to find planes that will replace them to keep our jobs and allow our furloughs to return if they want to.

High paying jobs? Where? Hey skippy.... why don't you and the back stabbing, greenslipping whores at delta stop day dreaming and stop flying opentime? All the furloughs (the ones that want to)would have been back by now if the pilots with their scab like mentality at mother D would have stopped the opentime flying. And I think most people in this industry already realize that the greedy bunch at delta would do anything to keep "our jobs" as you put it. The only reason you are such a "kool-aid" drinker is because you have been working throughout this whole mess and have never been furloughed. Don't worry its just a matter of time with these baboons running delta into the ground. And Im sure when your getting the pounding in the rear by delta, you'll come on here and say " at least delta wore a condom when they pounded me.... unlike the other airlines in BK they didn't use any protection on their pilots."

Bye Bye--General Lee

I really think you should change your name to bahgdad bob general:laugh:

General Lee said:
Unjustly. Everyone has an opinion, but a lot of people don't really do the research.

Sure, we could have scoped the RJs back in '96, but then again could you see into the future and envisioned this?

Nope, all that was necessary was to look into the past. I believe that's known in some circles as research.

I can't wait for the day that I step onto one of those 90-100 seat RJ's as a passenger and stick my head in the cockpit as I'm boarding and ask the two double-breasted arrogant a$$holes are they Skywest or ASA!!!! They will no doubt fire back that they are mainline Delta, then I'll say "but this is an RJ!" The look on their faces will be priceless!

commuterpuke said:
I can't wait for the day that I step onto one of those 90-100 seat RJ's as a passenger and stick my head in the cockpit as I'm boarding and ask the two double-breasted arrogant a$$holes are they Skywest or ASA!!!! They will no doubt fire back that they are mainline Delta, then I'll say "but this is an RJ!" The look on their faces will be priceless!

Great post. Then ask them if they have tried to get on flying a big jet somewhere. Tell them AirTran is hiring. That would be a blast.

commuterpuke said:

What about the arrogant commuterpuke a'hole walking in the grocery store with his uniform telling all the "chicks" he flies for DL!?
Was that you??

Latest resources

Back