WestJet to partner with Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DieselDragRacer

WestJet probably noticed that SWA didn't trust their pilots to fly INTL flights, so they went looking for an airline with pilots that had plenty of INTL experience. It makes sense. Also, codesharing to places like LBB, MAF, ISP, and ELP just wouldn't make Westjet any real money.

Bye Bye--General Lee

WestJet probably noticed that SWA didn't trust their pilots to fly INTL flights, so they went looking for an airline with pilots that had plenty of INTL experience. It makes sense. Also, codesharing to places like LBB, MAF, ISP, and ELP just wouldn't make Westjet any real money.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As I've said before...... You REALLY need some new shtick!

You have what, like 14k posts, and I'll bet the vast majority of them mention WN and flying in TX. Are those great international layover THAT boring? How much did DAL lose last year?

We are a domestic carrier, a lot like DAL used to be. I turned down DAL to stay here in 98, and not only don't I not regret it, I wake up and thank the stars I didn't jump ship and go over to DAL! I'd be making a fraction of what I make now, furlough(s), commuting, with a far worse QOL. I'll take the once or twice a year LBB layover, get home the same night and enjoy my life away from work.

Sorry GL, you (and the PFT guy) didn't get hired by WN. You really need to get over it.

The good news is that you can now use antidepressants and still fly! After a few weeks on the happy pills, maybe you'll be able to post without putting LBB, ISP, MAF etc. in them! Or better yet, you'll find a more positive and satisfying hobby than posting the same thing, day in/day out/year in year out.

As long as they stay away from low cost model and treating their passengers like cattle - why not?

More dots on the map - more stable future.

I bet they took a look at southwests shabby maint records and said no way.

Last edited:
I bet they took a look at southwests shabby maint records and said no way.

But just think, Canada gives new territory open to Southwest to throw pizza parties for a whole slew of new Controllers and Canadian FAA types. That sure is nice of them. High Speed APPROVED!

Bye Bye--General Lee

But just think, Canada gives new territory open to Southwest to throw pizza parties for a whole slew of new Controllers and Canadian FAA types. That sure is nice of them. High Speed APPROVED!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gotta stick with whatever works!

Westjet and Delta equal more outsourcing of Delta jobs to someone else. Why can't Delta expand its own flying by buying more airframes ?

Latest resources

Back