West pilots to be "strikebreakers."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't be silly.
Doug doesn't want anything but this fued to continue for as long as possible.
And since 'his boys' are legally in the right.... maybe he backs the east, just to keep it going.

Don't be silly.
Doug doesn't want anything but this fued to continue for as long as possible.
And since 'his boys' are legally in the right.... maybe he backs the east, just to keep it going.

I have to agree. Parker wanted one pilot group back when he had a shot at doing a merger and he would have paid hansomely to "get r done". Now, it's in his(financial) best interests to drag this out with the majority of pilots under slave labor conditions. Stupid, stupid Easties.

I have to agree. Parker wanted one pilot group back when he had a shot at doing a merger and he would have paid hansomely to "get r done". Now, it's in his(financial) best interests to drag this out with the majority of pilots under slave labor conditions. Stupid, stupid Easties.

You got that right. He'll talk for the next 2 or 3 years about how much he wants a new contract while continuing to extract the cheap labor that the east contract affords. Remember, self help is not an option in this particular contract negotiation.

I don't work there....but I have friends and family over there. I think the way that the East has behaved is much less honorable than the way the West has behaved. USAPA could care less about the West. Is it still "breaking the union" when the "union" wants nothing to do with you in the first place? USAPA represents the East only...

Scabbing is scabbing, end of story. As you can see still no AWA pilot coming forward to say crossing the picket line as implied by the title of the thread would be wrong.

Nice theory, if you ignore the fact that Doug in all his interest in getting a joint contract stalled and stalled from the announcement of the merger until after the Nic award.
The real fact is, he thought he could let the East starve under LOA93, and no raise for the West until he had to move for a merger. However he never anticipated NIC. By the time Nic came out it was too late.
As of now I agree with you, he wont be in any hurry unless a new corporate transaction is in the works.
So you can blame the East now as Doug has no interest in giving a new contract, but you cant blame the East pre Nic. That was management getting as much as they could from labor.

Nice theory, if you ignore the fact that Doug in all his interest in getting a joint contract stalled and stalled from the announcement of the merger until after the Nic award.
The real fact is, he thought he could let the East starve under LOA93, and no raise for the West until he had to move for a merger. However he never anticipated NIC. By the time Nic came out it was too late.
As of now I agree with you, he wont be in any hurry unless a new corporate transaction is in the works.
So you can blame the East now as Doug has no interest in giving a new contract, but you cant blame the East pre Nic. That was management getting as much as they could from labor.

Revisionist Easthole history once again. You AS@holes walked away from negotiations...in direct violation of the Transition Agreement, (more on that later). You walked away from the only leverage you'll have in the next decade. You're the ones who donned yellow coward lanyards and stomped your feet until you got some semblance of "your way".

The only win you've had is proving you have a majority of pilots...profound losers all. You guys made your beds, now you get to lye in them all the while fielding lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit. Same goes for the company.

If you thought you were close to a contract, forget it. Get real used to Mesa (LOA) 93. Contract negotiations are about to be hamstrung in federal court for the foreseeable future and the company won't touch anything from USAPA with a 50 foot pole. Who needs to kill USAPA when the leaders keep hanging the group themselves?

Revisionist Easthole history once again. You AS@holes walked away from negotiations...in direct violation of the Transition Agreement, (more on that later). You walked away from the only leverage you'll have in the next decade. You're the ones who donned yellow coward lanyards and stomped your feet until you got some semblance of "your way".

The only win you've had is proving you have a majority of pilots...profound losers all. You guys made your beds, now you get to lye in them all the while fielding lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit. Same goes for the company.

If you thought you were close to a contract, forget it. Get real used to Mesa (LOA) 93. Contract negotiations are about to be hamstrung in federal court for the foreseeable future and the company won't touch anything from USAPA with a 50 foot pole. Who needs to kill USAPA when the leaders keep hanging the group themselves?
f
Hey tough guy did you even read my post?
When did the yellow lanyards come out?
oh forget it, talk about revisionist...

I'll never scab. Just because you and USAPA have no integrity doesn't mean I don't. In reality, I doubt most of the chest-thumpers who promise to do so would actually do it. I heard the same crap during the TWA/AA integration. Emotions run high and some guys just need to vent.

Regardless, as I wrote earlier, a strike won't happen when at least a third of the pilot group doesn't support it. So it's all a moot point.

Latest resources

Back