• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta also has a lot more experience in:

1. Taking pay cuts
2. Taking it in the can
3. Airlines within an airline...The JetBlue/AirTran killer....SONG!
4. Russian sub commander outfits
5. Taking pay cuts
6. Rennisance Fairs
7. Dungeons and Dragons
8. Taking pay cuts

Tanker Clown/Crj567 has the most experience in:

1. Taking in in the can
2. Signing in under various screen names (namely this one and crj567)
3. Taking it in the can
4. Serving coffee
5. Taking it in the can
6. Serving coffee to his superior officers
7. Taking it in the can
8. Working the drive thru at Wendy's
9. Taking it in the can

Again, WOW. Great insight. You guys do have more experience than us in:

1. One airplane type flying forever (boring after 10 years or less)
2. Intra Texas flying, lots of it.
3. 25 minute turns, and running the terminal for food
4. 6 leg days
5. 5 leg days
6. 4 leg days
7. LBB flying
8. ELP flying
9. ISP flying
10. Guys who wanted age 65 (thanks for that again)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, we finally agree. Everything in this post is true, for the most part.

1. One airplane type, boring? All 121 aircraft become boring. It's a paycheck and an opportunity to fly for 3 days and come home for 4 or more. I hope to never have to study for a type rating ever again. A Cub never becomes boring. If it does, it will whoop your a$$ like Sherman did Atlanta in 1864.

2. Texas flying = easy. Everyone speaks modified English or Spanglish, and we're early all day. A great way to "test" the clacker.

3. We aren't making money at the gate, right?

4. 5. and 6. Never, not so much, and sometimes.

7. and 8. = Hot chicks, twang, Southern Hospitality, Country and/or Western, Mexican food, and WHATABURGER!!!

9. Nice juke box at the bar, other than that, I got nothin'.

10. Lots of old dudes here, they won.

Last edited:
Wow, we finally agree. Everything in this post is true, for the most part.

1. One airplane type, boring? All 121 aircraft become boring. It's a paycheck and an opportunity to fly for 3 days and come home for 4 or more. I hope to never have to study for a type rating ever again. A Cub never becomes boring. If it does, it will whoop your a$$ like Sherman did Atlanta in 1864.
Oh come on. That is ridiculous. One plane type for the rest of your career would be terrible. You will get complacent and mistakes could be made. It might be good enough for you now, but I bet you will think about it again in 5-10 years, yearning for something different, other than LBB or ELP.

2. Texas flying = easy. Everyone speaks modified English or Spanglish, and we're early all day. A great way to "test" the clacker. Boring, and if you are only doing intra-texas in one day, it is easily a multiple leg day.

3. We aren't making money at the gate, right? You have no time at the gate to run for food, either. 25 minutes max.

4. 5. and 6. Never, not so much, and sometimes.

7. and 8. = Hot chicks, twang, Southern Hospitality, Country and/or Western, Mexican food, and WHATABURGER!!! Let me guess, you think Sushi is "bait"?

9. Nice juke box at the bar, other than that, I got nothin'. Do you sing "you've lost that loving feeling" too like Mavrick?

10. Lots of old dudes here, they won. Yes, yes they did.

Above says it all. Ever heard of Variety? You can get it a lot of ways, and it gives your life a stimulus. Sure, you can buy things to give you other stimulus, but when you get bored with one thing and cannot change it, things begin to atrophy. Your brain will atrophy when you reach the 200 landings in ELP in one year. You are almost there, and you have 20 more years to do the same. That doesn't sound fun. But, the money is good....and if you do enjoy it now, maybe that will continue. I hope it does for you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
GL
Nothing wrong with a robust, emotional debate. It's the grade school stuff I disagree with. I'm the first to admit you're baited quite a bit. You however seem to nurture an environment that encourages it.

GL
Nothing wrong with a robust, emotional debate. It's the grade school stuff I disagree with. I'm the first to admit you're baited quite a bit. You however seem to nurture an environment that encourages it.

What can I say Russ? I enjoy a good debate and everything that comes with it. I can handle the slams, and I can also give them back. I guess you can say I am SLAMTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Above says it all. Ever heard of Variety? You can get it a lot of ways, and it gives your life a stimulus. Sure, you can buy things to give you other stimulus, but when you get bored with one thing and cannot change it, things begin to atrophy.
Bye Bye--General Lee

I get my variety outside the cockpit. My airline job pays the bills, and I have a good time doing it. What I do on my 17-20 days off a month is what gives my life variety. It's a good job, for now. But, still a job. Ok, we added autothrottles to our aircraft to bring them up to 1980s technology = Variety. Unless you're a DJ at a Gentleman's club, a job is a job and most of them will get boring.

Wait, are you making fun that we charge for bags? That brings in MILLIONS of extra dollars, which we use fighting you. SWA is now charging extra for people who want to board the plane first, which is something they never did before. Things are changing for you too, and you also need to drink some lattes and wake up to your own reality, you will fly the same plane forever, with 25 minute turns, with mulitple legs per day. That doesn't sound fun to me. You can enjoy it, though, and enjoy ELP twice in one day.

Bye Bye--General Lee

woah woah woah, back the train up a lil. Were "offering" a priority boarding, and you guys are "charging" for a bag. Last time I checked people are usually carrying bags, so its almost "forced" upon the pax, almost. If you dont want to board early, then dont, but to compare that to, "you dont have to bring your bag" ? Thats just apples and oranges dude. Things are changing, I wont disagree with you there, and I will enjoy ELP :)

If I were in a bar and had to sing a song from the "Top Gun" soundtrack, I would sing "Take My Breath Away" before I sung the gay song.

Latest resources

Back