• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Weird crew members

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets not forget the Captain who thought that deodorant caused cancer and never used any. After one leg the FA and I came in with petroleum jelly across our nostrils to keep the stench at bay.

Satan's Squawk

There was a certain CA I flew with… :rolleyes:

When I started flying with him, one of the first things he told me was that he would NEVER accept a squawk that included “666”.

One night we were in the cockpit and I was copying the clearance while he was doing some paperwork. The squawk was something like “6646.” He wasn’t really paying too much attention, but when he heard ATC give that squawk he clenched up and stopped what he was doing. When he heard me give the read-back he relaxed and went back to his paperwork.

Maybe it's just me, but after reading thru all these posts it looks like the Captains have the best weirdisms.

I guess that upgrade causes some kind of short-circuit in the brain.:D :D:D

Lets not forget the Captain who thought that deodorant caused cancer and never used any. After one leg the FA and I came in with petroleum jelly across our nostrils to keep the stench at bay.

What about all the captains that couldn't figure out how they got vaseline on their nads?

When I finished up my initial training, I had to take an airplane checkride with one of our....ummm... stranger captains.

I knew the day was going to be rough when I saw how he showed up that Saturday morning: Jeans. Fleece Jacket. And his Captain's hat, which he didn't take off.

I came to find out that he also drove his car around town wearing his hat. Weird.... (and kind of sad)

I flew with a strange captain when I was an FO.. He use to break out in tunes at any given time.. Barry Manilow some days and then switch over to top 40 crap at the snap of a finger....

hmmm.. come to think of it, now I'm the captain and I do the same thing.. Weird!!

A captain I used to fly with, (thank god I dont anymore), used to smoke in the airplane on empty legs. He would use his urinal relief tube underneath his seat in the cockpit to blow out the smoke. He'd take a puff, then pull the valve open on the relief funnel and put his face right up to the thing and blow out!
It was very odd.

Ok, I'm a 26 year old Single FO who flew a 4 day trip with a 40 year old FA. She kept on listing off her resume history to the Captain and I (to the point of bragging) on how she used to earn 6 figures working 80 hours aweek in the computer industry. She also went on and on about be able to do any auto maintenance, that she was a black belt in karate and could think herself warm for 60 minutes at a time in cold weather, and that she had gained 30 pounds of muscle in 3 months! Well, she certainly looked more on the chunky side than muscular on our trip; she used the fitness center the same time as I was on one of the overnights. Anyways she paid more attention to me during the trip and before my next trip a 3 page note on Holiday Inn stationary was in my V-file telling me how she hadn't been intimate for the last 4 years and was really interested in a romantic relationship with me. Yikes!! Hope she can turn it around one of these days.

Haha!

Fly2scuba, great story.... who else has hooked it up with a F/A?

Latest resources

Back