• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Weird crew members

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was jumpseating on an HP A320 with an captain I hadnt yet flown with - and right before pushback, he dons one of those train engineer hats, grabs a wooden train whistle, and blows the whistle into the PA and announces "All Aboard!" over the PA.

EVERYONE in the back leans into the aisle in a uniform "what the he11" ?? :) :)

He was a fun captain to jumpseat with.

Several years earlier I was jumpseating on a UAL B757 into ORD, and the captain starts a 30 minute spiel from the Top of Descent nearly continuously until sterile cockpit at 10 on how the F/O was going to complete the "kissing of the wheels to the runway" on 27L. F/O flew a manual raw-data approach, and I didnt even feel touchdown - I knew we landed when the speed brake handle moved rearwards.

My wife was in the back and she thought that it was a bit much.

Last edited:
weird guys

I flew with a guy that looked just like Mr. Bean.

I also flew with a guy who used to say the same exact thing every single time he heard a female pilot check on....."Oh what a shame. Another empty kitchen." Then he would go off on a tangent about how that woman should be at home cooking and cleaning and pleasing the man. He had a very big......scratch that.......the biggest mustache you ever have seen. It used to drive me nuts because he would always have to have his morning bagels. When he ate them he refused to move his mic boom away from his mouth, so you got to enjoy the sound of his whiskers scratching/scraping the the mic. (Kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard) He had plenty of other annoying habits and sayings....many to vulgar for this board.:eek:

OMG!!

I think I heard somebody mention something about me.

Oh well, i guess i'm weird

Flew with a capt. once who wore a brown leather wristband on his right wrist that had a fake eyeball "built" into it. So, everytime he put his hand on the power levers I had this eyeball staring at me.

I didn't even ask why.....was a little afraid of what the answer might be!:eek:

outtolunch said:
Flew with a capt. once who wore a brown leather wristband on his right wrist that had a fake eyeball "built" into it. So, everytime he put his hand on the power levers I had this eyeball staring at me.

I didn't even ask why.....was a little afraid of what the answer might be!:eek:

LOL, that's insane

Latest resources

Back