• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We are #1! .... Most Stressful job.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's disgraceful... because of all the weight towards bottom feeder commuter and 2nd rate jobs now, and add to that the HUGE pay cuts at the majors, pilot wages are down to the rest of the world levels... there was a time not too long ago, maybe 15 years ago when we ranked above lawyers and right there with doctors/surgeons... something has to be done to save this profession from itself.

. We have it pretty freaking good.

really????

where do you work? UPS, Fedex or Southwest? cause anywhere else, and I'm calling BS.

Pilots are their own worst enemies. Down-playing the stresses and risks of the job, the time away from home, the high divorce rate, the non-existent retirement, the inability to pay back student loans for the first 20 years of your career,,,

The list goes on and on, and as soon as you idiots stop down-playing the risks and troubles of the career, maybe we can work on getting back to somewhere NEAR what this career SHOULD pay.

In other words, have a hot, steaming cup of STFU and learn how to protect your career. Freaking mensa scholars, I tell ya... :rolleyes:

(it's nice not being a /Mod anymore). :D

Clear your PM folder Lear70.. I want to send you a PM.

The most stressful parts of my day include; not spilling my coffee while going thru security, taking my shoes off at security, not spilling my coffee as I get on a deadhead, finding another cup of coffee after I spilled mine getting on the deadhead. This job is killing me!
Try flying for a major airline for a couple of years.

I have unfortunately been off Flight Status for years now with a grounding medical condition. I can tell you first hand I thought like most of you that there wasn't much stress with flying commercially. It took at least 6-12 months to de-program from the job for me.

The stress we are constantly under while your in the game is incredible! You just don't realize it because were running around at 500 mph with our hair on fire all the time. Someday when you all go through this and your no longer flying for what ever reason you will realize this too. It effects us all in different ways.

Jim, sorry to hear your out of the game! I agree that there are many aspects of this job that are stressful, but #1?

Until 9/27, my biggest stresses were commuting related, which is "self" induced.....

Latest resources

Back