• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Waste Management & EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snakeplt, I have had pilots refuse airlines that go over 14 hours. It is not a decision process that we are involved with. I used to get upset when I was new. I wanted my managers to see that I showed an intrest in the company's profit margin. Now, however, after 5 years, it doesn't bother me. I know that it is a decision scheduling has made and now has to live with the consequences. Obviously. management has a clue what is going on. I don't disagree with your decsion. I can't say the extra few hundred dollars doesn't sound appealing to me.

We all care about profitability. Profitability is where our raises come from. When a flight manager sees a pilot going over 14, he/she is upset at the situation, nothing personal, just cutting into our profit margin and therefore cutting into our raise. Unfortuantley, we don't have a graded pay scale like you folks and our raises are a outcome of performance and profit.

Thank you for your kind words regarding us. Most of the folks up here do a good job and really care about the company and our growth.

BTW, you wouldn't want to give me those initials of that 1 person would you?

Actually nja crew service it's 800 bucks at least in OT pay when scheduling screws up and can't get me home in 14hrs. So it's not just a couple of hundred. it's a whole lotta money.

peee ess "licence to screw with pilots schedules" It might be tounge in cheek but it still shows the mentality upstairs.

We all care about profitability. Profitability is where our raises come from.

It might be time to add a collective bargining unit to your wish list upstairs. Profits are a very funny thing when it comes time for mgt. to hand out money.

Diesel, I think I have explained that before. There is a little sarcasim there. A lot of the pilots think that it us that "screw with their schedule".

Snakeplt, I know who you are referring to. Yes, she is gone. She moved to DTS where her boyfriend/fiance is serving with the Navy. Man, you have been here a while.

x402, "collective bargining", I saw what that did the FLOPS fellas when they tried that, no thanks. I may not get paid what I would like, he!!, who does, but at least I am collecting a paycheck now.

NJA Crewservicer - glad to see you posting over here. I know you can't get on our board but you can sure get a flavor for what's going on on the road over here. Most of us know that the decisions that screw us come from elsewhere and just pass through you folks, but there are some FM's up there that take it personally when one of us just tries to abide by the same contract that the company signed. Then it's "I'll show him" time. That's where you get your bad rep. There are only a few from what I hear and maybe only one in my fleet. The schedulers, are a different story. They waste more money in this company than management knows, and management suffers from the "It wasn't invented here" syndrome. We've got lots of experience and brainpower out there but most are not sharing with this management not. It's called "WOE is me" Withdrawal of Enthusiasm.

Keep your hand in here.

Udonche said:
Now THIS, is entertainment!!!!!!

I think there's going to be a lot of waste better managed when S.U. files for single carrier. But heck, it took a Weak Union to get better rates for hotels!

For some reason at Netjets the Schedulers are not held accountable for the millions of dollars of cash they waist on a daily basis.

Flight Managers are cool. Its the schedulers that really make me wonder sometimes. Why does Netjets give them whatever they want? They are not held accountable for Sh*t? Its crazy. Boisture needs to step up and fix this problem ASAP.

Latest resources

Back