washing the plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Do you wash your company's plane?

• Are you kidding? I don't wash my own car!

Votes: 241 66.0%
  • Sometimes if we can't find an "eager" lineman.

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • My official job title-washboy/switchmonkey

Votes: 73 20.0%

• Total voters
We have to clean "take the bugs off" each day we fly. If there will be an over night we usually have to wax before and after! Won't even get to details if someone really makes a mess or spills something.....I knew this going in and from the unemployment line needed to pay the bills...The annual training contract is another thing too! Until things turn around and there are more jobs than pilots this stuff will happen. Not forever just for now.

Chairman

I can only speak for myself, but I often find myself passing the time between trips with this thing I call a "Life".

Don't get me wrong, I think that it's great when someone doesn't mind getting there hands dirty, but one of the problems with people (especially in our profession) doing things outside of there job description is that after a while it starts to become expected of you.

I'm sure no one expects anything from you, so don't worry.

I know, I should go back to the maint. board where I'll be able to speak intelligently. Thats your standard cop out bs line that makes you feel so smart.
Just face it, your a loser. ha,ha,ha.

Last edited:
Ok, little boy. Now run along and let the adults have their conversation.

...I'm a little bored on this trip and it's so nice outside - I wish I could wash the plane.

I have yet to arrive at an fbo and see an aircraft being washed by anybody let alone by pilots. I fly about 10 hours a month currently but I used to fly about 900 a year and I can't recall such an event. It must happen while we sleep or something. Wash ferry? All done behind closed doors?

And yet they're always clean...weird.

Latest resources

Back