washing the plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Do you wash your company's plane?

• Are you kidding? I don't wash my own car!

Votes: 241 66.0%
  • Sometimes if we can't find an "eager" lineman.

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • My official job title-washboy/switchmonkey

Votes: 73 20.0%

• Total voters
Don't wash the plane!

Be more concerned about quality of life!

There are plenty of good paying flying jobs out there...plus...unemployment isn't that bad.

A bunch of sorry SOB's that don't have a clue.

I guess I don't see the big deal with washing a plane. If you're paid by the hour and don't get paid to wash it, that's one thing. If you're salary, and have a decent salary, why not help maintain the fleet?

I guess I don't see the big deal with washing a plane. If you're paid by the hour and don't get paid to wash it, that's one thing. If you're salary, and have a decent salary, why not help maintain the fleet?

Amen!!!

A team player right there folks!

Personally, I enjoy helping maintain the ole fleet....it gives me something to do between trips!

Are firemen less professional because they spend their time between calls keeping the equipment in good condition?

If you work for a busy flight department, then you'll be too busy flying to wash an airplane. If you've got somebody with a Citation X that flies it twice a month, then you ought to do something productive to pass the time.

How can someone be trained to fly a CATIII approach, but be unable to be trained to hose down an airplane?

Are firemen less professional because they spend their time between calls keeping the equipment in good condition?

If you work for a busy flight department, then you'll be too busy flying to wash an airplane. If you've got somebody with a Citation X that flies it twice a month, then you ought to do something productive to pass the time.

How can someone be trained to fly a CATIII approach, but be unable to be trained to hose down an airplane?

Firemen? Seriously?? Most firemen don't have college degrees and spent hours studying to get where they are. They don't have to worry about check rides, feds, etc.

How long does it take you to clean that boeing/airbus?? Do you pump the lavs? How bout servicing the hydraulics, engine oil??? Why not if you have plenty of time on your hands? Do you clean the hanger floors? Do the boss's dry cleaning? Why not clean his house, screw his nasty looking wife, wipe his ass even! ...if you have all the free time on your hands, why not?! Do something productive!

And what the hell do CATIII approaches have to do with wiping the boss's ass??

Amen!!!

A team player right there folks!

Personally, I enjoy helping maintain the ole fleet....it gives me something to do between trips!

I can only speak for myself, but I often find myself passing the time between trips with this thing I call a "Life".

Don't get me wrong, I think that it's great when someone doesn't mind getting there hands dirty, but one of the problems with people (especially in our profession) doing things outside of there job description is that after a while it starts to become expected of you.

Firemen? Seriously?? Most firemen don't have college degrees and spent hours studying to get where they are. They don't have to worry about check rides, feds, etc.

Sure hope you, or your loved ones, never have a fire or medical emergency that would require these under achievers to save your life.

Disgraceful.

This is why pilots are ranked slightly higher the politicians on most respected carreers. We are all just glorified limo drivers.
Oh by the way fireman rank #1.

Another problem with our profession is that our "professionals" don't know the difference between "their" and "there."

Latest resources

Back