washing the plane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Do you wash your company's plane?

• Are you kidding? I don't wash my own car!

Votes: 241 66.0%
  • Sometimes if we can't find an "eager" lineman.

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • My official job title-washboy/switchmonkey

Votes: 73 20.0%

• Total voters
I don't think our company HES would like to see one of our pilots fall off the top of the Gulfstream trying to wash the tail. Our team of mechanics wash our airplanes, but the pilots help keep the inside clean.

Too proud, below my pay grade, I won't do those things you do for our boss, you are such a slave,
My question is to those guys, when does your unemployment run out? and do you enjoy construction work?

Too proud, below my pay grade, I won't do those things you do for our boss, you are such a slave,
My question is to those guys, when does your unemployment run out? and do you enjoy construction work?
:confused:

You make absolutely no sense!

Next time, wait to start drinking until after you post.

I don't wash the airplane but our mechanic does. I would wash it if that was part of the agreed upon duties. I work for an individual that treats us fine and I do much more that just fly an airplane. I am flying a new G450 as Aviation Manager, I paid for a portion of my training and I am not paid according to all the surveys. Actually, I am paid less than the low, in most cases. However, the job is secure. I am making over 100k a year. Living in a low cost of living area and have to fly about 200 hrs./yr. I had a former Air Force One pilot working for me one time who refused to put on the engine covers on the Falcon 50 because he said it wasn't his job. He didn't last too long. You don't want to wash an airplane, get yourself a good airline, union job. At least I have one.

I enjoy washing the plane from time to time... I am the only pilot for this plane and its essentially 'my bird' ... My attitude would probably change if the boss said "you need to clean the plane this week"...

Latest resources

Back