Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wanted: First Officer must be religious...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't say you have to be a Christian, it said you have to attend the services.

It said you have to attend services, it didn't say you couldn't read Maxim during services.

Speaking of the Televangelist Air Force...

Did any of you DFW guys see this report last week on WFAA (ch. 8) about Kenneth Copeland and his Citation that was bought CASH by his supporters and how he's been using it for his personal vacations after swearing to Jesus Himself that it wouldn't be used for anything except "Spreading the Word"? Apparently, spreading the word includes hunting trips and vacations in Hawai'i.

Yep, one of the hundreds of reasons I am against organized religion.

Not surprising though. Seems like the biggest bible thumpers are also the biggest hipocrites.

Last edited:
I wonder how all our Christian friends would feel if the ad instead stated that daily prayers at the mosque were a prerequisite for employment? I'm sure "terrist' " would be mentioned at least twice on the first page of replies. I'm also sure that Brit Hume would be leading the story of job applicants beinig required to "hate america."

Reminds me of my first flight instructing job, training missionary pilots. I got really tired of hearing stuff like "I guess Jesus just didn't want me to make good landings today....."

I'm a pretty religious guy, but yeah, that would get old quick.

-Goose

Reminds me of my first flight instructing job, training missionary pilots. I got really tired of hearing stuff like "I guess Jesus just didn't want me to make good landings today....."

Cabin PA: "Sorry about that folks, but it seems the Good Lord has got it in for me today."

Yep, one of the hundreds of reasons I am against organized religion.

Not surprising though. Seems like the biggest bible thumpers are also the biggest hipocrites.

Hmmmm. Your against "organized religion."

Kenneth Copeland = organized religion?

If Copeland is "organized religion," what is Pope Benedict XVI?

Let me guess...there all the same to you?

For some reason this employment add just made me chuckle:

http://www.findapilot.com/index.php?a=2&b=1414

"Christian Ministry seeking full-time co-pilot candidate. A&P preferred to perform light maintenance on aircraft. Relocation to Michigan required. RON AVERAGE 3 days per week. Church service attendance required when traveling. Stable employment. Family oriented enviornment."

I'm a christian and I wouldn't take the job if it forced me to attend their services. Just because it's a christian service doesn't mean it's right. To find God and to find out how to go to heaven I went to the Bible. When it came time to find a church I went to the Bible. I looked long and hard to find churches that closely follow biblical principles and I'm not going to compromise that for a job.

As far as religions organized by men, none are in the Bible. In fact the only organized religion in the Bible is Judaism. It was instituted by God, and ended at the cross.

As far as televangelists, I'd say almost all are christians in name only and not truely changed. They're all crooks. The true heart of a godly man would feel ashamed for living extravagantly while those supporting him were having tough times. In the Bible not one preacher or apostle solicited financial support. The support they received was given by churches or individuals of their own free will. The only time a church was asked to take a collection was by a third party for the poor christians in another town.

God wants me to have nothing but good landings, good flights, passed checkrides, and good days. And when I don't it's my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back