Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wanted: First Officer must be religious...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I sure as He|| wouldnt get that job...

I'm an atheist and brown...heh...

I wouldn't apply for that job if that is a requirement. Of course, for a religious person that can tolerate sitting through church, it might be a great gig.

Reminds me of my first flight instructing job, training missionary pilots. I got really tired of hearing stuff like "I guess Jesus just didn't want me to make good landings today....."

What is wrong with having faith in a higher power. The bold is a work requirement just like a uniform or other odd job requirements.

A pilot needs to have faith in his/her abilities. That's what gets the rubber back on the ground. Religion doesn't enter into the mix.

The religious service attendance requirement is blatantly illegal.

C

A pilot needs to have faith in his/her abilities. That's what gets the rubber back on the ground. Religion doesn't enter into the mix.

C

I never said a pilot shouldn't have faith in his/her abilities. I just said what is wrong with having faith in a higher power. I trust in Jesus and that is my faith. If it is not yours, that is fine. I know there are a lot of people out there who will try to push thier beliefs, what ever they are, on other people. The great thing about this country is that I/WE have the right to have our own beliefs and not the state view as in other countries such as say Saudi Arabia where you have religious police. How right is that? Is that thier way in their country--why yes it is. Is it right? I don't think so, but I am not there and it is not my country. That is thier culture.

Now being required to attend church while out on a trip. That could be illegal if required to do so on own time. IF employer is paying you while you sit there that is a little different. I am sure someone could still press the issure and say it is not my religion. I doesn't say it has to be the same church as the employer. COULD STILL BE A VERY STICKY THING IF IT WENT TO COURT, but why apply if you don't like the requirements?

Last edited:
What about all those bumper stickers that say "God is my co-pilot." I guess they were full of it.

I think someone should print up stickers that say "Chuck Norris is my co-pilot."

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(a) It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or
otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his
compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of
such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin

C

I wonder if it is. If it is not illegal for a corporation to require a pilot to attend company functions when on the road, why would it be illegal to attend a church service (a company function) when on the road?

They just require that you be in the room. It doesn't mean you have to participate in the services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back