• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wallach out as MEC Chairman at UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What an outrage. Capt Wallach was the only hope for UA ALPA. Now they put in charge, a person who helped the pass worst contract in UAL history, who also helped sell retirees down the river, in exchange for a few "pieces of silver". Us Furloughed guys are screwed
WHQ must be elated.

Wallach was in charge when I got furloughed. That, I will never forget.

I personally like how the furloughed pilots have no voice on the UAL forum. Maybe the new MEC chair person will include us

Did you not take notice to the huge victory for BSE in Houston? Things are changing here at CAL. The days of apathetic leadership are waning. Now all we need to do is get Pierce replaced.

Come March 2010, they will have JTK and BSE will have the votes to do it.

If I were Pierce, I'd start reviewing my options now.

What an outrage. Capt Wallach was the only hope for UA ALPA. Now they put in charge, a person who helped the pass worst contract in UAL history, who also helped sell retirees down the river, in exchange for a few "pieces of silver". Us Furloughed guys are screwed
WHQ must be elated.

How was he the only hope... start with the injunction.....

Not saying he is or isn't, but the MEC thought differently....

What was/is the MEC thinking?

Well, I for one didn't even know that BSE won!!! That's great news then. Things are going to change. But with that said, you can pretty much guarantee we're going to strike. I'd say it's around 99 percent chance now. FUPM!!

WHQ must be elated.

I never saw him do ANYTHING.....just type a bunch of crap. Glad he is gone.

On another note anyone know this new MEC Chairman?

Yep. She's been doing ALPA work for many years. I think she'll do a good job for you guys.

Well, I for one didn't even know that BSE won!!! That's great news then. Things are going to change. But with that said, you can pretty much guarantee we're going to strike. I'd say it's around 99 percent chance now. FUPM!!

Works for me. I'm ready to walk. I've been here over two years and have taken the LTVRF and RFL. It sickens me that the company's stance has boiled down to this, at least for us junior guys, "cut your available days or we'll cut you entirely." I've had enough. I'm at a MAJOR AIRLINE and in worse shape financially than I was at a regional. Don't get me wrong, I still feel fortunate that I have not been furloughed and the 147 keep me grounded, but all in all, I'm sick of it. Time to bring this company to their knees.

Latest resources

Back