• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Wallach out as MEC Chairman at UAL

Volasl

Total Time
Just got a text message. Things will get interesting

Captain Wendy Morse Chairman
Captain Garry Kravit Vice Chairman

Kharma Police

Don't mess with Texas
Total Time
Poor guy, now he will have to go back to flying airplanes.

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
Wasnt Kravit the Strike Committee Chair during the Summer of Love?

- Former UAL OPBCM; I'll never forget a name

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
Total Time
Is Kravit the gent that prefers to urinate in empty water bottles due to cockpit security? My apologies if I have the wrong name.

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
A chick as MEC Chair? Damn, we're screwed if we merge with you guys. The idiots we have at CALALPA will just sit there and stare. "Staple? Sounds great!!"

Volasl

Total Time
I thought the water bottle story of the Captain at United was urban legend when i first heard it. I think when i heard it ...it was a 400 Capt at SFO but who knows. Still funny.

On another note anyone know this new MEC Chairman?

Frank Lorenzo

Personally, I am happy to see the change.

When you see a pilot say that she can "work with" management, it signals the free flow of cash out of the pilot's pockets and into management's bank accounts.

P.T. Barnum was right.

Homer Jay

Total Time
A chick as MEC Chair? Damn, we're screwed if we merge with you guys. The idiots we have at CALALPA will just sit there and stare. "Staple? Sounds great!!"

Did you not take notice to the huge victory for BSE in Houston? Things are changing here at CAL. The days of apathetic leadership are waning. Now all we need to do is get Pierce replaced.

BigMeat

Registered Loser
Total Time
10000+
Did you not take notice to the huge victory for BSE in Houston? Things are changing here at CAL. The days of apathetic leadership are waning. Now all we need to do is get Pierce replaced.

Agreed!!!

Chairman

Total Time
11000+
What an outrage. Capt Wallach was the only hope for UA ALPA. Now they put in charge, a person who helped the pass worst contract in UAL history, who also helped sell retirees down the river, in exchange for a few "pieces of silver". Us Furloughed guys are screwed
WHQ must be elated.

JimmyKool

Total Time
What an outrage. Capt Wallach was the only hope for UA ALPA. Now they put in charge, a person who helped the pass worst contract in UAL history, who also helped sell retirees down the river, in exchange for a few "pieces of silver". Us Furloughed guys are screwed
WHQ must be elated.

Wallach was in charge when I got furloughed. That, I will never forget.

Volasl

Total Time
I personally like how the furloughed pilots have no voice on the UAL forum. Maybe the new MEC chair person will include us

Morgoth

Total Time

Come March 2010, they will have JTK and BSE will have the votes to do it.

If I were Pierce, I'd start reviewing my options now.

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
WHQ must be elated.

How was he the only hope... start with the injunction.....

Not saying he is or isn't, but the MEC thought differently....

What was/is the MEC thinking?

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
Well, I for one didn't even know that BSE won!!! That's great news then. Things are going to change. But with that said, you can pretty much guarantee we're going to strike. I'd say it's around 99 percent chance now. FUPM!!

contrail67

Total Time
WHQ must be elated.

I never saw him do ANYTHING.....just type a bunch of crap. Glad he is gone.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
On another note anyone know this new MEC Chairman?

Yep. She's been doing ALPA work for many years. I think she'll do a good job for you guys.

Homer Jay

Total Time
Well, I for one didn't even know that BSE won!!! That's great news then. Things are going to change. But with that said, you can pretty much guarantee we're going to strike. I'd say it's around 99 percent chance now. FUPM!!

Works for me. I'm ready to walk. I've been here over two years and have taken the LTVRF and RFL. It sickens me that the company's stance has boiled down to this, at least for us junior guys, "cut your available days or we'll cut you entirely." I've had enough. I'm at a MAJOR AIRLINE and in worse shape financially than I was at a regional. Don't get me wrong, I still feel fortunate that I have not been furloughed and the 147 keep me grounded, but all in all, I'm sick of it. Time to bring this company to their knees.

ewrord

Total Time
Is this thread about United ALPA? Why is Continental ALPA also a subject in this thread???