• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal-Mart is Hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the Wal-mart pay is pretty good for that part of the Country. $60,000 per year probably would put you in the to 5% of wages in Arkansas.

Does Wal-mart still make their pilots share hotel rooms on overnights? If so, how do they work that out with a male/female crew? I remember one of their pilots telling me that they are not allowed to eat the snackes (no Sam's cola for you) in the aircraft. Is it still like that?

Sleepy,
No we don't have to share rooms, it has been that way for about the past 2 1/2 years. As for snacks, we carry coffee and water on board, and that is for everyone, pax and pilots!

Rebajetgirl

Well to give some respesct to walmart, as much as i would hate to have to share a room with another crew member on a trip that is why walmart makes so much **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** money. They know where to save money. The screw over there vendors, yes i know this cause our rep department deals with walmart all the time. We dont care if our companys we rep for get a semi raw deal cause we get commission no matter what. I was down at XNA last week for the wallyworld meeting. 30 million dollar sale. We like it, i like walmart and i will stop bashing it. Usually i fly into Rogers but it was bad weather and i knew id have to fight for hangar space there. XNA hooked me up. I like that airport the best.

Lrjtcaptain said:
Well to give some respesct to walmart, as much as i would hate to have to share a room with another crew member on a trip that is why walmart makes so much **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** money. They know where to save money. The screw over there vendors, yes i know this cause our rep department deals with walmart all the time. We dont care if our companys we rep for get a semi raw deal cause we get commission no matter what. I was down at XNA last week for the wallyworld meeting. 30 million dollar sale. We like it, i like walmart and i will stop bashing it. Usually i fly into Rogers but it was bad weather and i knew id have to fight for hangar space there. XNA hooked me up. I like that airport the best.

Say what?

Info plz for future reference

For current Wal-Mart pilots:
Where does Wal-Mart advertise for a pilot opening?
On the corporate site?
Average minimum times for recent hires?
Any info is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

I think the Wal-mart pay is pretty good for that part of the Country. $60,000 per year probably would put you in the to 5% of wages in Arkansas.

Sleepy: is that 60K for a first year captain?

How long does it take to become a first year captain? How about a new hire FO?

Why is this like pulling teeth?

How does a post that was intended to help pilots find a job turn into something so ugly? Does everyone hate Wal-Mart so badly that they start taking cheap shots at people they don't even know? Including the entire state of Arkansas?! I must say I was surprised to find that even the Webmaster was joining in the fun. Super Moderator is clearly a self proclaimed title.

If Flyright_188 is who I think he is, I understand his bitterness towards the company. He's an FO that has been passed over for a promotion. A few FO's have been skipped, whether rightly or wrongly is not for me to say. However, I think that it is wrong for people to air their dirty laundry in a public forum like this. There are people inside the company trying to make sure that upgrades are made fairly, and that those that deserve to be upgraded are.

As for Reba, I can tell you this- she has paid her dues in spades at Wal-mart and is very deseving of the seat she is in! Reba is well respected among the FO's and she treats them all as equals. I know this to be true becuase she upgraded before me and I have flown as her FO. Her gender had nothing to do with her upgrade.

I'm very proud of the company that I work for and the people I work with. With just one or two exceptions they are all very professional. The interview committee works hard trying to weed out those that aren't. Still, some are bound to slip through.

Hey folks, owow this has turned into an interesting post. Anyways I sent in my package before the deadline. Thanx Reba, and am waiting, does anyone know what the average wait time is so get a call if qualified.

Current Wal Mart crews this one os for you. I am 21 yrs old and obviously dont qualify for my ATP till I am 23, would this have any effect on me? Thanx everyone!!!

Avrat

He's an FO that has been passed over for a promotion. A few FO's have been skipped, whether rightly or wrongly is not for me to say. However, I think that it is wrong for people to air their dirty laundry in a public forum like this. There are people inside the company trying to make sure that upgrades are made fairly, and that those that deserve to be upgraded are.

I think also, either "rightly or wrongly", that this information might be of interest to a prospective applicant.

How does a post that was intended to help pilots find a job turn into something so ugly?

I can't answer that. I just want some information.

As for Reba, I can tell you this- she has paid her dues in spades at Wal-mart and is very deseving of the seat she is in!

Good for her. How long did it take for her to upgrade? How is the decision made to upgrade an FO? If not by seniority, then by what standard? If someone is passed over for an upgrade, does the company retain them and upgrade them later, are they placed on some sort of probation, or are they kept on as an FO until they decide to leave on their own?

I can't speak to the animosity against your company, but ending every sentence with an exclamation point (!) makes a questionable impression, as is making a cheap shot comment, and then saying "just wondering". I think this relflects poorly on your organization.

Now, if one of you wal-mart pilots wants to help one of your regular customers to better understand your flight department's pertinent information, I'm all for hearing you out. I haven't attacked your company or your pilots, and I'd like to hear some facts: calmly and accurately presented.

That's all. Once again: is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back