• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal-Mart is Hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey druzy, just give them the thumb of disrespect and im sure youll get your lear type in a day.

Hey timebuilder!!! Just an observation, but do you have anything better to do than sit on a computer and post 2282 replys???

Reba-
I wasn't in broadcasting very long before someone tagged me to write a piece for a Philly newspaper. Since then I have written for Motor Age Magazine's study guide series, and I still keep my foot in the business to this day.

I usually have a lot of free time when I'm not flying. I'd like to fix that, and the fact that I never found a suitable replacement for my fiancee. It was a shame I had to say goodbye, but necessary. I guess I enjoy sharing my life experience, since I see aviation as a synergy of different ingredients.

Need any more info? ;)

To everyone else, my best suggestion is to, if you got a call for an interview, make your own opinions and go with it. Everyone is looking for something different. Some of the things I read were true at a some time, most just that......an opinion, but this is a great place to work (IMHO). If you fit the culture, more power to you! If not, no big loss!!

Certainly some good advice, but an intelligent decision requires some input, and only a little tiny bit of info has been shared here. I find that a little unusual.

Dave has shared some facts with me, and that's great. He no doubt knows that in order to find out whether or not you will be a good fit in ANY corporation's culture, you first need to know something of that culture, along with the particular information about pay and benefits, and in the case of aviation, upgrade time.

I LOVE to fly, but I'm not going to do it for next to nothing for several years. If I had been willing to do that, I would have joined my friends at Allegheny. Things look bleak for them, and I'm less than a year from upgrade to captain in a jet. It would be nice to have a regular schedule, but I'd trade that for some international work in a Challenger as an SIC.

So, Reba, if you can enlighten me with some more factual info, I'm more than happy to listen. I guess it's the PIC in me. Don't misinterpret my caution to mean that I'm being a wise guy. It's just that I've been around long enough to know to ask questions.

I hope you enjoy my next 2800 posts.

:D

I think lawndart has said it quite well!! I'm not here to aurgue with you, but to let some interested people know that we are looking to hire! If it is such a sin to help a fellow pilot out then, so be it! No matter what post you look at regrading jobs, you will have the good with the bad. I just know that we are a one of corporate aviations little known secrets, and if you feel differently, well then ok!

I guess it's the PIC in me.

PS> So why are you an FO?? Just wondering?

:)

I think lawndart has said it quite well!! I'm not here to aurgue with you, but to let some interested people know that we are looking to hire!

That's great. Do you have some information to help an intelligent person make a decision about your company?

If it is such a sin to help a fellow pilot out then, so be it!

Who said it was a sin to help out a fellow pilot?

Funny.

PIC is a state of mind, much more than a position in the aircraft. I first learned that state of mind in at the Academy when I was a cadet, and also during martial arts training, and it was affirmed many years later when I took the Dale Carnegie Course.

At one time, I thought of it as Person In charge of Column (writing for the paper), or just Person In Charge. There are a great many people who are incapable of leadership, yet they hold a position in aviation called PIC. In reality, it is a leadership position.

So, I have had the concept of PIC in me for many years. Thanks for asking. Just as at the Academy, I am preparing for my next assignment. I started as a plebe, and moved up from there. Right now I am an FO. Not bad, I must say, for a guy who has done what I have done, and in a depressed market to boot. I have nothing to be ashamed of, and everything to be thanful for.

Now. Does anyone here have any more factual information about wal-mart's flight department, policies, pay, benefits, and upgrade time, or am I out of line to be asking?

Anyone?

1600 hrs and an FO on a Learjet?

Not bad in todays market!!!

How many people are Learjet PICs with 1600TT?....not many I would guess.... at least I would not ride with them!!

Thanks. I wouldn't fly with a 1600 hour captain in the Lear, either.

I do have plans to move up, though. I took a break from my ATP studies to finish my FIRC online with American Flyers. Now I'm back to the ATP work, going back over all of the systems info on the 35 and 55, and preparing to do a type ride with a combined ATP and PIC check. I'm thinking June or July, as our work slows after labor day.

Fortunately, we have a couple of very experienced guys at my company who know the planes down to the rivets, and fly the pants off them. It's been a real education.

Yes, I feel blessed.

(oops)

:D:D:D

rebajetgirl said:
I think lawndart has said it quite well!! I'm not here to aurgue with you, but to let some interested people know that we are looking to hire! If it is such a sin to help a fellow pilot out then, so be it! No matter what post you look at regrading jobs, you will have the good with the bad. I just know that we are a one of corporate aviations little known secrets, and if you feel differently, well then ok!

:)

Rebajetgirl, pardon me ma'am, but does this reply really present the image you would like to show the world?
As you should know, corporate pilots spend more time sitting in the FBO lounge than they spend flying. It doesn't take much to figure out that the timebuilder spends his sit time in the company of his laptop. If I can persuade you to take the time to research his posts, you will learn most of his story, and find that he spends a lot of time helping other people.

I do appreciate your attempt to help other pilots, and the positive inf. you have provided. I spent many an hour at Beaver Lake Aviation back when my boss was on your corporate board. Back then, (early ninetys) your fleet was mainly turbocommodes, flown single pilot. Had I know what you would turn into, I may have tried to move to Arkansas.

regards,
8N

rebajetgirl
dont be questioning people where they are in the career.
for a 1600tt guy sitting right seat in a Learjet, well I think he's on track.

If your gonna attack him then we are gonna attack back, your sitting left seat of a lear for wallyworld becasue you have boobs. Thats the only reason. Anyone can fly a plane.

Latest resources

Back