• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wal-Mart is Hiring!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry guys but I am not allowed to give that information out, wish I could. Just be patient!! Good Luck to all!

Reba

In the current job market wal-mart is better then nothing.

Normally, I would not give the place a second look. Lowish pay, long upgrade (YEARS), have to kiss a$$ to upgrade (does not go on seniority). A lot of political BS going on. Females and minorities get preference in the interview process. Two year training contract.

Like I said, the place is ok I guess, at least it is a job. Not somewhere you would want to stay forever.

Last edited:
Normally, I would not give the place a second look. Lowish pay, long upgrade (YEARS), have to kiss a$$ to upgrade (does not go on seniority). A lot of political BS going on. Females and minorities get preference in the interview process.

If this is true, I'd like to hear more.

What is the pay?

Actual time to upgrade?

Is being white and male a death sentence to upgrading?

Let's hear the inside scoop...

Is being white and male a death sentence to upgrading?

True or not, I haven't got a clue but, I know someone who is wanting a job there. He's from that neck of the woods and wants to go home, he told me that he heard they were looking for minorities to hire and had something like 4000 resumes to dig thru.

flyright_188 said:
In the current job market wal-mart is better then nothing.

Like I said, the place is ok I guess, at least it is a job. Not somewhere you would want to stay forever.

I would like to know WHERE I can apply to one of those "forever" jobs if in fact any exist...

Any ideas?

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Couldnt help myself !

For those who genuinally have an interest in Wal-Mart, I will say that this department is one of the industries best kept secrets.

Our department has made some recent leadership additions, that in the opinion of most of our pilots, are very positive and supported.

Our department is unique in many ways. Wal-Mart offers a window of opportunity for those with the right skills and attitude. We are expecting growth over the next decade, so I encourage all of you to research the company. If you are as impressed as I was, the rest will fall into place...

Quality of life, hands down, is the best in the industry... First year first officers are typed immediately and pay is commensurate to first year RJ Captains at the Regionals... Vacation, Medical, Benefits are very generous....

Lastly, if you are driven by salary and upgrade alone, than Wal-Mart is probably not for you. I spent six years in the airline industy, and Wal-Mart is the best thing that ever happend to my career.

Good Luck !

Just out of curiosity, what does their fleet consist of? Thanks.

Last edited:
Walmartwannabe has said it all!

Thanks WMWB!! I couldn't of said it better myself!! People like you are why I love my job so much! And as for our friend Flyright_188, hey it's just an opinion. There is a time and a place for everybody, and I guess WMT is not his kind of place. For all that are interested, Walmartwannabe will tell you like it is and is an asset to our department! Keep the peace and happy trails!

Rebajetgirl

Wallymart corp flying would be a pretty good gig. Lots of Lrjet31s i believe. Last time I was down at Rogers I saw quite a few sitting out and I think they have a Global as well. I remember back in the day when the used to operate a large fleet of Turbo Commanders. Do they still have those. Best corporate gig in that neck of the woods is with Tyson though out of XNA. There pilots are great and so is there fleet. I think its a Citation5, two falcon 50's and the Global at XNA and I think a few Astras up in SUX (Sioux City)

BEST???

"Quality of life, hands down, is the best in the industry... First year first officers are typed immediately and pay is commensurate to first year RJ Captains at the Regionals... Vacation, Medical, Benefits are very generous.... "

Best in the industry and first year RJ captain doesn't go hand in hand. If you think that makes it the best in the industry, you need to get out and see more of the corporate world!

I go to learjet recurrent every 6 months...almost everytime their iare walmart pilots in the that recurrent training. Never once have I heard one of those pilots speak highly of working for the walmart flight department...mostly they just complain.

Latest resources

Back