• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VX New Payrates 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am thinking the new pay rates and the carrot being dangled just a bit further may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. An organizing campaign is gathering steam quickly and in just a day and a half over 100 of the 600 pilots on property have committed to supporting a national union organizing campaign. It looks like the ALPA is the favorite to be the one, but Teamsters and the TWU are also being considered. The latter is on record as wanting to add pilots into their mix of flight attendants, mechanics and dispatchers. We will see how this moves forward, but in just a few days the ball has really gotten rolling.

That should make the B6/VX merger a bit easier with 2 ALPA carriers

There will be no mergers with VX. Anyone looking to buy us just wants to kill the brand and maybe get the airframes. I am happy we are a private company with (so far) patient owners. Don't expect anything more and you won't be disappointed.

I stand corrected....my apologies B6 drivers...its certainly a step in the right direction for VX guys though...dont personally know anything about theyre soft money or premium pay...arent the B6 rates included with a loss of premium...not saying its better or worse just comparing!

Majority of pilots are sick and tired of the carrot. I expect ALPA on property in less than a year. Guys are done waiting. Time to open those wallets or risk losing a lot of guys in the next year or two.

Latest resources

Back