VX New Payrates 2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's worked so far.

The legacies are just starting, and supposedly DL just announced an increase in hiring for this year from 300 to 600, although most think it will be more than that. Getting on early at any legacy could be huge for your career, and I don't think any legacy minds poaching pilots from LCCs. Hey, throwing in an app means you want to go....

Bye Bye---General Lee

And I assume by you posting that you think it is bad? Someone posted on another board that a 7% raise is better than anything Delta has gotten in the past few years. Are we where we want to be right now? Nope. Did we lose $1 billion over the past 7 years? Yup. We just had our first net profitable year (operationally profitable for that matter), so the raises are starting to get bigger. It is not realistic for us to get 20% raises in one year, especially right before we IPO. So, speaking for Flyer (I probably shouldn't) he posted them to inform people of the change and he is content to get a good raise and is working towards more next year. Hopefully we can get at least one good soft time rig in this year, but I am not real confident about that.

Is this right? One billion lost in the last seven years. HO LEE FUK, SUM TING WONG.

I'm not a hater by any stretch. I like my job, but I'm also realistic. The raise is good but the truth is we aren't catching up but rather falling further behind in compensation. It's just that we started so low to begin with. I am a top half Captain working about 80 hours per month avg and my W-2 was 134k. $10/hour will add $10k. There is more to it than hourly wages.

Attrition is pretty minimal. Which doesnt help the VX pilots' cause.

Why is that? Here at JB our attrition is getting pretty high. Every FO I've flown with in the past year has apps out and we are losing quite a few. Why not at VX? just curious.

Why is that? Here at JB our attrition is getting pretty high. Every FO I've flown with in the past year has apps out and we are losing quite a few. Why not at VX? just curious.

Lots of guys have apps out, but so far not much has happened. We did lose a captain to Spirit in December (QOL issues for him), but not sure if there has been much else. Don't know why there is not much movement yet, but I think it will happen before too long.

There's still the dream of a quick upgrade at VX. Lots of guys are holding out hope for an aircraft order and rapid expansion. I think that's why there's little outrage about our crap pay rates and few applications out. IMO that's foolish but that's pretty much the opinion of every FO I fly with.

Latest resources

Back