• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VPS Mesaba station disaster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a side note: Do you think that their refusal to train their replacements only made the transition worse?

Absolutely.

Incoming Station: "Well you can keep your job but we're going pay you about five less an hour and you lose all your seniority."

Outgoing: "Keep your job. Here is how we show our appreciation."

No loyalty what so ever was shown to these folks. Work hard and do your job and here is a thumb in your eye. Why in the hell should they show any in return and help Delta do this?

If I were in their position, I'd have done the same thing. Just to clarify, I am a free market guy and I understand that a company primary function is make money for their investors. But once you hose your employees or contractors after they've done nothing but great work, you had better expect some of that free market stuff to come back your way.

Last time I checked... $8.17/hr is not minimum wage. If you're going to argue the point that Mesaba stations are some how inept because they're paid minimum wage... get your facts straight. I'm not saying $8.17 is much better... but come on. Argue based on facts... oh... also, everyone gets travel benefits too.

Poor pay, poor training and high turn over rates are an epidemic everywhere at the regional ramp level. The same BS is happening at good NWA Airlink stations, so get off the woe is me ASA, Mesaba is coming in to ruin the world mentality. It's old, tiresome and unnecessary. As previously mentioned, the best we can do as crew is to document the infractions and send them in.

It would be interesting to note if the DCI stations taking over for Airlink will offer them more than a thumb in the eye. Doubtful. This is isn't anything new and targeted towards ASA. The same BS happened in the past when XJ stations became 9E and vice versa. Everyone started over at 0.

Last edited:
I'll certainly be writing up everything I see at these stations where my company once ran the show.

But you won't write up everything you see at the stations still operated by your company? Or maybe your company never has problems and everything runs smoothly and perfectly 100% of the time...

Is this about customer service, or is this about spite?

I, for the record, report problems regardless of which company is running the show.

But you won't write up everything you see at the stations still operated by your company? Or maybe your company never has problems and everything runs smoothly and perfectly 100% of the time...

Is this about customer service, or is this about spite?

I, for the record, report problems regardless of which company is running the show.

Shut the hell up and get back in your motorglider!

-Cut, Print, Gay!

Unfortunately these kinds of things are going to happen from time to time as we integrate 2 airlines into the World's Premier Global Airline.

Maybe integrating into the World's Second most Dysfunctional Airline right behind those lovely folks at AMR!

You've got some catching up to do though...

VPS has really gone downhill. Completely mismanaged and it's not a learning curve. I thought I saw the short bus drop them off in the morning.

Last edited:
Oh how I do not miss those days.

Best of luck guys. Sooner or later they will learn that having everyone employed by Momma Delta will save them a ton of cash.

Oh how I do not miss those days.

Best of luck guys. Sooner or later they will learn that having everyone employed by Momma Delta will save them a ton of cash.

AHHH HHHAAAAA HAAAAA HAA AHHH AHHHH AHHA ....
Uh oh I think I just creamed my pants......

Latest resources

Back