Vote underway at Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy Set said:
Message to Skywest Pilots: DON'T BLOW IT!!!!!! This is your chance to regain some of your lost respect in the regional industry. Think LONG-TERM.... The terms being offered are a complete JOKE and everyone is watching to see your response.

heavy, go back to your ms fltsim, your not a pilot.

"Each one is paid either 105 hours a month or 2 for 1 duty time for SAPA related duties (day off, on duty or on an overnight) and/or trip coverage. On top of this MBIP is paid on SAPA pay."

True - I believe only the president and secretary receive the 105 hours, the others are paid for meetings and travel, and I do think that most spend much time that is unpaid for our benefit. If it was such a lucrative position to be a SAPA representative I doubt if we'd see elections go uncontested or have only two or three people running.

auspac said:
"The group that is supposed to represent the pilots (Sapa) is all in favor of this latest proposal."

I don't believe that. In fact they did not really endorse it but put it up for a vote for us to decide.
The SAPA representative board explicitly recommended a vote FOR the pay proposal.
Any questions?

To be fair, there are definitely reps who disagree with the representative board, but they are, after all, the representative board. Meaning, they represent SAPA.

Last edited:
auspac said:
"Each one is paid either 105 hours a month or 2 for 1 duty time for SAPA related duties (day off, on duty or on an overnight) and/or trip coverage. On top of this MBIP is paid on SAPA pay."
auspac said:
True - I believe only the president and secretary receive the 105 hours, the others are paid for meetings and travel, and I do think that most spend much time that is unpaid for our benefit. If it was such a lucrative position to be a SAPA representative I doubt if we'd see elections go uncontested or have only two or three people running.

I have heard some representative credit around 140 hours a month. Others have asked SAPA to release what they credit for SAPA related duties. No reply.

They are paid 2 for 1 flight pay for SAPA related stuff. If a SAPA representative is on an overnight, at home or on a DH he can bill the company for SAPA related duty. It’s a great part time job and fits nice into reserve or line flying.

Here is a test.

Go to the SAPA site and use the GMT and request they release what they earn from SAPA. Remember it took them almost 3 years to admit they even got paid. The ol' 'we are just volunteers' BS.

The group will never know how 'lucrative" the position is without the data, right?

SAPA will not release the data. I know because others have asked.

That's disturbing Splert, I can't wait until the next time a SAPA guy bashes ALPA national for making so much cash...

Vote no for the sorry trailer trash proposal!

SGU is already chatting with ASA about 900's they don't give us the time of day.

Sapa don't go away mad, JUST GO AWAY!!!

I am all for a "NO" on this vote. But then what? Managment says, ok then, see ya... There is nothing else SAPA can do. I think to be paid by aircraft type, while all other competitors (regionals) compensate by seating arrangment is not a form of compensation that is fair and competitive with the current market.

To fly a 90 seater for a 50 seat salary?? So much for profit sharing.

My .2 cents.

Splert said:
I have heard some representative credit around 140 hours a month. Others have asked SAPA to release what they credit for SAPA related duties. No reply.

They are paid 2 for 1 flight pay for SAPA related stuff. If a SAPA representative is on an overnight, at home or on a DH he can bill the company for SAPA related duty. It’s a great part time job and fits nice into reserve or line flying.

Here is a test.

Go to the SAPA site and use the GMT and request they release what they earn from SAPA. Remember it took them almost 3 years to admit they even got paid. The ol' 'we are just volunteers' BS.

The group will never know how 'lucrative" the position is without the data, right?

SAPA will not release the data. I know because others have asked.

Would seem like the SAPA guys would really NOT want SAPA to go away with pay rates like that!

I'm getting really tired of my new FO's telling me "who cares 1.2% is better than nothing". I should have a script trying to explain how little they know of the industry. Thankfully, every now and then I'll get a Laker or someone that's atleast done more than flight instructing to exchange ideas with. I have a feeling things are really going to change at SKW with ASA and all the new BK's.

Latest resources

Back