• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vote NO on ASA PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm voting yes as well for all the above reasons. Those who think we can get better in section 6 need to seriously consider the economic environment and how the mediator will perceive all of this. We are the only DCI carrier without PBS and this LOA has work rules that are in many ways better than what any of these carriers are working with. In some ways it is better than what Delta mainline uses. If we vote this down, the mediator is going to perceive us as being unreasonable and will likely side with the company when they try to force the system Skywest uses down our throats. Vote Yes now and tweak it as needed in section 6.

I'm voting yes as well for all the above reasons. Those who think we can get better in section 6 need to seriously consider the economic environment and how the mediator will perceive all of this. We are the only DCI carrier without PBS and this LOA has work rules that are in many ways better than what any of these carriers are working with. In some ways it is better than what Delta mainline uses. If we vote this down, the mediator is going to perceive us as being unreasonable and will likely side with the company when they try to force the system Skywest uses down our throats. Vote Yes now and tweak it as needed in section 6.

Although it would take five years for the company to implement. We will surely be in negotiations that long. Still leaning yes though.

This website is so full of inaccuracies that I'm starting to think Brasilia Pup didn't bother to go to a road show or even read the LoA. Also, I question his credentials because I know all the ALPA reps and grievance chairman for the last 13 years and this clown is not one of them.

I wonder what his motive is though. Most people that I talk to seem to be coming around to FlightLine's system. Could it be that Brasilia Pup did, in fact, design his own PBS system about 10 years ago, tried to sell it to ASA and was denied? Could there be some animosity there? Hmmmm....

We have pbs at 9e and here are somethings i can tell you
If the pairings are crap - your schedule will be crap
Highspeeds will be mixed in with your normal lines if there are enough of them to do that.
Some months our average days of for all line holders will be 15-16, some months half way down the list will get minimum days off with very unproductive schedules.
you have no idea what you will get until the schedule is awarded
Pref bid is GREAT for senior people but absolutely terrible for junior people.
If you are a junior person it doesnt matter what you put, and I am not exagerating.
Just remember, if it saves ASA money and allows you to be more competitive than so be it, but i would get WHATEVER YOU CAN in return for allowing the company to do this.
Good luck

There is no such thing as a 'perfect' method of building schedules and work rules for pilots at any airline. The very term 'perfect' is simply too subjective. To expect that any agreement with the airline would be 'perfect' for all parties involved is evidence of poor critical thinking skills.

Is this tentative agreement 'perfect' for the pilots at ASA? Clearly, no. Is it in the best interests of the pilot group, and the company, for the future? Given what I know now, I believe that it is. I've yet to see a reason to vote against this TA that carries more weight than all of the reasons to vote for this TA.

My vote is yes.

We have pbs at 9e and here are somethings i can tell you
If the pairings are crap - your schedule will be crap
Highspeeds will be mixed in with your normal lines if there are enough of them to do that.
Some months our average days of for all line holders will be 15-16, some months half way down the list will get minimum days off with very unproductive schedules.
you have no idea what you will get until the schedule is awarded
Pref bid is GREAT for senior people but absolutely terrible for junior people.
If you are a junior person it doesnt matter what you put, and I am not exagerating.
Just remember, if it saves ASA money and allows you to be more competitive than so be it, but i would get WHATEVER YOU CAN in return for allowing the company to do this.
Good luck

We are not at 9e and we will not have the system that you have. Did your union have ANY say on what rules will be put in place with your PBS? No? Then don't assume because it is bad there it is bad for us.

I'm still on the fence

I would say to go to a roadshow. Arrive at a conclusion on your own, but I'd say to definately inform yourself of all avenues. Go to a roadshow, and if you don't feel it's right, then vote "no". If you go and like it, then so be it. However, I will simply say that I'd be leary of information gained soley on heresay and conjecture- especially from pilots on a message board.

Frankly, it isn't perfect. However, it's a good start to a better picture than we'll have without it, in my opinion. In regard to contractual lanuage- trying to close every loop hole in every contract is going to be akin to plugging the holes in the titanic. However, you can take a look at our current management and their working history with the pilot group, as opposed to the old management and their old ways for refrence.

I was very much against the idea of PBS. However, I agree with many of the previous posts. PBS is coming to ASA eventually (like it or not). Based on the information that I have seen, I plan on voting yes. I do not believe that we will have the same opportunity during the next round of contract negotiations that we have now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back