• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Vote NO on ASA PBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just don't like giving in because I feel like they've been dumping crap schedules on us and preaching doom and gloom for the last year to make us vote this in. But I'm not sure we do have a choice in this current economy. When's the vote open?

I have had those exact same thoughts SLUF. Many people I have spoken with feel the same way. I'm basing my decision on what seems (to me) to be the best choice in the long run....IMHO

We have pbs at 9e and here are somethings i can tell you
If the pairings are crap - your schedule will be crap
Highspeeds will be mixed in with your normal lines if there are enough of them to do that.
Some months our average days of for all line holders will be 15-16, some months half way down the list will get minimum days off with very unproductive schedules.
you have no idea what you will get until the schedule is awarded
Pref bid is GREAT for senior people but absolutely terrible for junior people.
If you are a junior person it doesnt matter what you put, and I am not exagerating.
Just remember, if it saves ASA money and allows you to be more competitive than so be it, but i would get WHATEVER YOU CAN in return for allowing the company to do this.
Good luck

As per the LOA our standups are kept separate.

We also have quite a few other protections; 4 days capped at 60%, no globalization, vacation maximized for pay or time off, and many others...

It's not perfect, but it does seem to be better than any other system out there; not just the Flightline system, the LOA we negotiated.

I just don't like giving in because I feel like they've been dumping crap schedules on us and preaching doom and gloom for the last year to make us vote this in. But I'm not sure we do have a choice in this current economy. When's the vote open?

I hear ya' SLUF. Like you, I wasn't keen to the idea either. However, from where I sit, and from what I see, it just makes sense to do it now, rather than later.

In regard to the crap schedules- no rebuttle here. Our choice pick of four days has been absurd, at best. However, the quandry lies back with the company. The schedules were horrible, and I'm thinking that if this is voted down, they will be much, much worse, if for nothing more than to prove a point. Unfortunately with line bidding, the company is making the lines................

ASA is out to save money, one way or the other, and this seems to be better than just blindly putting our scheduling future in their hands with their creation of our lines.

We have pbs at 9e and here are somethings i can tell you
If the pairings are crap - your schedule will be crap
Highspeeds will be mixed in with your normal lines if there are enough of them to do that.

CDOs (highspeeds) will not be mixed with normal lines in the proposed system. CDO bidding will be separate with provisions to switch to bidding CDOs in groups or complete lines if bidding on the pairings individually doesn't work as intended.

Crappy pairings equating to crappy schedules is no different than our current situation. A 60% cap on 4-day pairings is something at least, and you'll be hard pressed to find concrete trip construction language in any airline CBA. Airlines don't want to surrender control of their schedule to their labor groups, especially regionals who are at the mercy of their mainline parter's schedule requirements. That is why duty-rigs exist: to motivate the company to build more efficient pairings or at least pay you when they don't.

The vote is open February 18 and closes March 10.

look just posting what i know about ours trying to help. We all know that ASA is the greatest airline in the world and that anyone that does a flight in ATL is the enemy so I am sorry, I should have figured that you guys have it under control.

PS make sure you put avoid deadheads to Vietnam!

Nobody said anything about ASA being the greatest airline in the world, or better than your airline!

You put out there the perils of PBS, as you know it. The reply's you are getting are to the fact that the system ASA is possibly getting is 100% different from the one at 9E, or Skywest, Continental or even Delta. You said this is what PBS is/does and the replies were to refute that under ASA's proposed system none of those apply! Why? Because we are in a uniqe situation to agree to a system more beneficial to our pilot group than most others that have PBS. Sorry if you are jealous of that system, but no need to reply with your glib remarks.

Oh, and I certainly will avoid that deadhead. thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back