Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bid Eligibility...
LOA 11-22 13.D.1.a
What I don’t like here is the change from current book that says if a pilot is anticipated to be available for more than half the month, (s)he’s eligible to bid for that month. Not that the union has been forcing the company to enforce that, but it should remain that way for the bidding purpose. I don’t like that you have to be qualified as of the close of the bid to be able to bid. I know the company’s argument is that the system can’t assign partial time, but it can....that’s what it does with vacation. If for some reason, someone doesn’t complete on time, then their trip drops to open time and will either get picked up or they can use a reserve.

Quoted from the website you created...

This is how it works currently. If you aren't done with IOE by the 14th, you cannot bid for the following month. That isn't a change.

I'm on the "Vote Yes" band wagon. In my opinion, it's better to vote it in now, and tweek it sooner, than it is to vote no and end up with a worse system for longer. At least now we have a decent building block to work with, as opposed to a later version that I'm sure won't be this nice. All in all, it doesn't appear bad at all, from what I've learned via the road shows.

Quoted from the website you created...

This is how it works currently. If you aren't done with IOE by the 14th, you cannot bid for the following month. That isn't a change.

I didn't build the web page. But I have a good idea who did. My opinion is we need PBS to stay competitive, yes. But ALPA needs to fix some clauses now, because we all know how the grievance process works at ASA.

Nice site but from going to a road show and asking questions about my concerns the positives outweigh the negative of this LOA.

From my perspective PBS is coming to ASA either now or in the next contract. I would rather vote it in now and work with the system over the next several months outside of negotiations. During this time we voice our concerns about PBS to the union reps so they can fix the "loopholes" and improve our PBS system during open book. If we wait and get PBS during contract negotiations we will be stuck w/ whatever comes out for many years w/o any hopes of getting anything changed.

BAM!

Your little web site is a waste of time. Count me for yes, for all the above reasons.

I'm on the "Vote Yes" band wagon. In my opinion, it's better to vote it in now, and tweek it sooner, than it is to vote no and end up with a worse system for longer. At least now we have a decent building block to work with, as opposed to a later version that I'm sure won't be this nice. All in all, it doesn't appear bad at all, from what I've learned via the road shows.

I agree, another yes vote here.

I'm voting yes for all above yes reasons. We also get back 36 day of bidding to work or be off.

I'm furloughed and am supportive of PBS. It looks like it's good for ASA, which is what's good for getting me back to work.

We are not in a strong position to negotiate anything at this time. We are losing aircraft every other month. It's in our best interest to play a little ball with management right now. We can demand more later.

Don't get your hopes about your demands being met. Plus, that is just the dumbest sounding thing, "we demand......." Just sounds desperate.

That being said, you'll like PBS. Lots of friends like it.

Whoever posted that absolute drile website has no idea of how this works, or what would happen if this were voted down. This LOA would be dropped, and PBS would come back in the next section 6, and we will get MUCH LESS than what is offered in this LOA. There will be no demanding of anything. So, to review....we will have the PBS, and it will not be the Flightline with the other added incentives we would get now, like improved open time and swapping/dropping of portions of trips.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back