Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kezwick

Curious how you guys like it there? How's the sked for newhires? Is reserve long? Good rules for that? How many days off can you expect on reserve? Do most pilots there commute? Just trying to get a feel.

Things are slowly improving although not as fast as most would like. Most of the trips are very efficient and for allow for jr pilots to hold 17-19 days off. Reserve right now has been about 9 months for pilots. Things are going to move pretty quick till next summer then the airplanes stop for about a year. This could mean a lengthy stay on reserve. They try to make reserve commutable for the most part.

This could mean a lengthy stay on reserve.

It sure will be and when some of the current issues were brought to the SFO base chief about reserve his response was "thats how it was at USAIR for my 17 years on reserve". A real forward thinker, yes? Things better start changing soon or Dave will be making a video for us.

Can't believe we haven't learned anything from JetBlue!

Just sayin

It sure will be and when some of the current issues were brought to the SFO base chief about reserve his response was "thats how it was at USAIR for my 17 years on reserve". A real forward thinker, yes? Things better start changing soon or Dave will be making a video for us.

Just sayin

Totally Agree

Great place if you want to work for substandard wages and FARs for your work rules.

Just sayin

Anyone know what the old Airways reserve "rules" were (from the '90's)?

S

don't Virgin to JetBlue. You are wrong.. Sorry but true. I will only give one example. PAY rates.

Great place if you want to work for substandard wages and FARs for your work rules.

Beatings commence on every other Thursday. Grog is handed out only if we meet quarterly incentive goals. We sacrifice virgin Virgins only on full moons. This policy has been strictly enforced. Dogs and cats living together......MASS HYSTERIA!

Last edited:
Beatings commence on every other Thursday. Grog is handed out only if we meet quarterly incentive goals. We sacrifice virgin Virgins only on full moons. This policy has been strictly enforced. Dogs and cats living together......MASS HYSTERIA!

Exactly! ;)

don't Virgin to JetBlue. You are wrong.. Sorry but true. I will only give one example. PAY rates.

Dude, you were at comair when we got the pay cuts. Delta used the jetblue 190 pay rates to show the judge how over paid comair was.
$88 an hour for a 12 year 190 captain!
That was less than four years ago. Your very proud of the new contract, but seem to forget your old contract under cut the regionals by about $30, for a much larger aircraft.

Latest resources

Back