• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you still need an internal rec to get an interview? Or are they interviewing people off the street?

Do you still need an internal rec to get an interview? Or are they interviewing people off the street?

Street people have been just as successful as internal recommends.

First step after applying is the online eval, called Previsor, the great equalizer. If you pass that you are ranked for interview. If you interview it is about 40 to 60% getting into the class pool. You are ranked again for being called out of the pool. We are about halfway through a hiring push, then about a year of no growth.

Good luck!

Street people have been just as successful as internal recommends.

First step after applying is the online eval, called Previsor, the great equalizer. If you pass that you are ranked for interview. If you interview it is about 40 to 60% getting into the class pool. You are ranked again for being called out of the pool. We are about halfway through a hiring push, then about a year of no growth.

Good luck!

Are people getting on without 1000 tpic?
I'm short in that department. I'm probably to late for this round.

don't Virgin to JetBlue. You are wrong.. Sorry but true. I will only give one example. PAY rates.

Both are the same in that neither have representation or are contributing anything to our industry as a whole. No one was comparing work rules, pay or anything else. Jetblue and Virgin, IMHO, are stepping stones to another job worth having.

Jetblue and Virgin, IMHO, are stepping stones to another job worth having.

The problem is by flying narrowbody equipment for a non-Union carrier with substandard wages/work rules, YOU lower the bar. YOU make it harder for US to raise wages and improve work rules.

By undercutting the jobs worth having you're helping to ensure they won't be there when you want to step up.

Think about it.

The problem is by flying narrowbody equipment for a non-Union carrier with substandard wages/work rules, YOU lower the bar. YOU make it harder for US to raise wages and improve work rules.

By undercutting the jobs worth having you're helping to ensure they won't be there when you want to step up.

Think about it.

Just whom is it that has been assigned the task of subjectively determining the group responsible for setting this arbitrary wage rate or which job is worth having?

Is it you?

What if an individual has different needs, wants, career desires, etc. that don't tend to jive with your narrow and selfish interpretation of what others need to do to provide you with what you need?

Do doctors go to medical school to enter their field to uphold some mythical bar defined by others and largely by economic metrics and rules of a bygone era? Do lawyers?

Believe me I get where you are coming from but your thinking is somewhat rather anachronistic in the modern world, economy, and certainly the deregulated industry in which we toil.

I hate to burst the bubble of salty old dog, but you need to see the world for what it is. Coming on here and picking on others for making different choices which don't ignore the economic realities of the world is waste of your time and annoying as can be to the rest of us.

You need a hobby. Get of the internet and go live your life. The whole crusader thing is getting a bit old.

Last edited:
Sorry you're too lazy or stupid to stand up for the profession, Pogue.

Sorry you're too lazy or stupid to stand up for the profession, Pogue.

That is rather ironic Fubi. I thought that leftist National Worker Party Che Guevara types like you were support the lazy and stupid like me in the struggle to compel the corporatist system to capitulate to our needs.

Instead you choose to insult a fellow proletariat you know nothing about.

Latest resources

Back