• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America Revenue...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe that guys are waiting to see what the company comes up with for our next raise. It is widely expected to be announced soon. I also think most guys think we will get closer to JetBlue faster if we stay union-free, as opposed to locking in our pay while we negotiate for years as the company drags their feet.

Not saying I agree, just trying to answer your question.

Do you really thing your airline can afford to pay ANYONE a raise at your airline? You guys should be offering pay cuts, if anything.

okaaay...?

Seems we're getting slammed from every direction.

Peace!

okaaay...?

Seems we're getting slammed from every direction.

Peace!

It's not a slam. They just can't afford to pay you a raise. Just as I was forced down to a lower "wage tier" due to the competition, you guys unfortunately are going to have to face the reality (unless things change drastically) that VA can't afford to pay you the "wage tier" you're in now if you hope to grow by undercutting airline like mine.

If all employees on the VA property took about a 50% pay cut, you would have broken even (+/-) over the past 3 quarters. You guys need to step up the plate.

ualdriver, you aren't being serious are you? You don't really want them to "step up to the plate" I hope. Their wages are horrible. If the company can't afford to stay in business on what they're paying them, then time to shut the doors.

ualdriver, you aren't being serious are you? You don't really want them to "step up to the plate" I hope. Their wages are horrible. If the company can't afford to stay in business on what they're paying them, then time to shut the doors.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek as I type the above. Believe me, as the airline they were directly trying to undercut and steal market share from with their SFO based, non-union pilot compensation packages, I would have as much problem with them closing their doors as they would if they grew at United's expense out of SFO and put more of our guys on the street.

Gotcha. I figured, but just wanted to make sure. :)

Tongue firmly planted in cheek as I type the above. Believe me, as the airline they were directly trying to undercut and steal market share from with their SFO based, non-union pilot compensation packages, I would have as much problem with them closing their doors as they would if they grew at United's expense out of SFO and put more of our guys on the street.

I'll make sure to pass those thoughts along to both of your furloughed United brethren in my new-hire class. At least you are an equal opportunity hater...

I'll make sure to pass those thoughts along to both of your furloughed United brethren in my new-hire class. At least you are an equal opportunity hater...

Tell them I hope they can return to UAL quickly before that place implodes.

Tell them I hope they can return to UAL quickly before that place implodes.

One of them took his first recall just to get furloughed again when United imploded in 2008. Since he bypassed this lastest recall, I'm sure his take is quite different than yours.

One of them took his first recall just to get furloughed again when United imploded in 2008. Since he bypassed this lastest recall, I'm sure his take is quite different than yours.

If he thinks his future is more secure at VA then more power to him. The guys below him on the seniority list at UA I am sure applaud his decision. I think he made a big mistake.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back