Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
4. VX pulled out of the single highest yield market (SNA) in less than a year while bleeding cash.

That's the one that really gets me..

How can you NOT make money in the cash cow that's SNA. Rates are always high there across the board...and they pay up. Oh well.

Peter Hunt will be the final nail in the coffin. They should have hired anyone else but him.

RF

7. VX has delayed the deliveries of a dozen "ordered" aircraft.

None of the ordered aircraft have been delayed. The 13 you refer to where never ordered to begin with. They are nothing more than planes that are available that where under consideration. The "ordered" aircraft are still on schedule. Still wonder why that tidbit was made public. Negative press for unannounced planes.

So far, about the only thing your correct on is that we have lost a lot of money. Thats huge! Pretty sure our bosses know that one though.

All I need to look at is your profit statements. You guys are bleeding cash. How long til Sir Dick pulls the plug just like he did at Virgin Blue and Virgin Nigeria.

Fortunately, all the recall offers will be gone by then.

That's the hateful stuff. Your "facts" son't bother me - including this idea that anybody can make money flying from SNA. Doesn't matter where you go from there, what competition is on the route, what the competitive response is etc, right? All sna flights are profitable for all airlines...

I did take your "ignore list" advice though. Wish I would have thought of that myself!

Last edited:
It might be nice if you got at least ONE fact straight. We ended up in arbitration the contract before last because the pay issue could not be resolved in negotiation.

Hate to break it to you, Kid, but presenting facts doesn't qualify as hate speech.

All I ever do is point out:

1. VX has lost money EVERY quarter except one in its entire existence.
2. VX has less cash on hand than the amount of money they LOST last quarter.
3. VX has entered a number of markets with great fanfare only to pull out in less than a year.
4. VX pulled out of the single highest yield market (SNA) in less than a year while bleeding cash.
5. VX has entered two markets (ORD and DFW) only to have the established legacy carriers respond by flooding those routes with service.
6. The highest paid VX Captain today makes $75 an hour LESS than a comparable SWA Captain, both operating narrow body equipment.
7. VX has delayed the deliveries of a dozen "ordered" aircraft.

Those are FACTS, jayme. If that bursts you're little red Kool-Aid "We're getting 80 airplanes and I'm gonna upgrade in a year" bubble, I'm sorry. But those are the facts, no matter how much you refuse to acknowledge them.

If you don't like what I post, the ignore function works marvelously. I suggest you try it. You'll only see this:

"This message is hidden because NEDude is on your ignore list."

Fwiw. Looks like the BOD and the investors must still be confident...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Virgin-America-Leaps-into-the-prnews-1414017407.html?x=0&.v=1

"SAN FRANCISCO, June 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Virgin America today announces that it has selected CFM International's advanced LEAP™ engine to power 30 new Airbus A320neo aircraft scheduled to begin delivery in 2016. In addition, the airline has selected the CFM56-5B engine to power 30 of its current technology A320s on order. The engine orders have a combined value of $1.4 billion at list price. In January, the airline announced it would nearly triple its fleet size with an order for 60 new Airbus A320 Family aircraft – including the first commercial order for the new eco-efficient Airbus A320neo. Together, the A320neo and the LEAP™ engine promise to deliver one of the world's most fuel-efficient commercial aircraft, with more than 15 percent improved fuel efficiency, corresponding improvements in carbon efficiency and double digit reductions in NOx emissions. Virgin America estimates this will deliver a fuel cost savings to the carrier of $1.9 million per aircraft per year. To celebrate the new LEAP™ technology and its own growth, the carrier today launches a "Flyers, Start Your Engines" fare sale. To further mark the milestone order, CFM International and parent companies GE and Snecma (Safran Group) will purchase carbon offsets for the first 5,000* flights booked today at www.virginamerica.com.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090123/VIRGINAMERICALOGO)
"Choosing LEAP™ gives us the best of all worlds – the most advanced technology, significant fuel savings, consistency with our current fleet and the reliability of CFM," said Virgin America President and CEO David Cush. "Our airline is known for taking a different approach to amenities, design and service in order to make travel better. But we're just as committed to finding new ways to make travel more sustainable, even as we grow. The A320neo and the LEAP™ engine together will create one of the world's most fuel-efficient commercial aircraft. Our investment today will ultimately help us take a major leap forward in terms of efficiency."
Virgin America's current A320 Family fleet is powered by the CFM56 engine and is up to 25 percent more fuel efficient than other domestic fleets and one of the most carbon-efficient in the U.S. on an RPM basis. The LEAP™ engine and the A320neo with the new wing tip "Sharklets" will yield even greater efficiencies. Compared to aircraft powered by today's best engines, the A320neo with the LEAP™ engine will provide more than 15 percent improved fuel efficiency and equivalent reductions in CO2 emissions, double digit reductions in NOx emissions, reduced engine noise and lower operating costs. Based on Virgin America's use and operation of the aircraft, it is estimated that the LEAP™ advances will offer Virgin America an annual fuel savings of $1.9 million per aircraft at current fuel prices. With the LEAP™ engine, the A320neo aircraft will also offer increased performance range and emit 3,600 fewer tons of CO2 per aircraft on an annual basis...."

S

Anyone can order anything. The penalty for cancelling an order will be less than taking delivery of something they know they can't afford. This means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Anyone can order anything. The penalty for cancelling an order will be less than taking delivery of something they know they can't afford. This means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Exactly. Google the MD-90 and see who the "launch customer" was. Guess what? They never took delivery of a single MD-90.

You guys craCk me up. Every time someone gives you proof that things are going as planned, you throw out some BS about how you can cancel this and that. Here's an idea, worry about yourselves and we will see who is right!

But Fubi, it will be Awesome to watch you and grandpa eat your words and then some. Of course, I'm sure you won't have the B@LLS to retract you crap statements, but that's ok. We will just keep growing and taking more of your passengers ( which is not hard by the way). Keep up your positive attitude though. :crying:

Fubi/Fish - here are some facts you may wish to consider:

- No ordered aircraft have been deferred, only some options. Virgin America has confirmed there are 13 more aircraft coming in the next 12 months. Virgin has taken delivery of 11 aircraft since August of last year, including five so far this year.

- As of today the Virgin Group owns 49% of Air Nigeria, the exact same amount it owned in 2004 when Air Nigeria was established as Virgin Nigeria. No plug has been pulled as you regularly state. Either you are lying or bragging about your ignorance.

- The cash position of Virgin America has been holding steady for several quarters now. At the end of Q4 2009 cash was at $22 million. At the end of Q1 2011 cash was at $25 million.

You can come up with all of the arguments you want, and you can change them all you want. When the MOU was announced last summer you claimed it was all smoke and mirrors and meant nothing until it was a firm order. When it was announced as a firm order, you claimed it was nothing until they arrived on property. So what will it be when they begin to arrive on property? Probably run and hide like you always do when confronted with the truth. What a fine example of a professional you are.

PS - Still waiting to hear how Alaska is doing with their LAX - YYZ service...

Last edited:
Alaska is doing fine.

15% OM and with a 9% NOM.

Vs VA's negative 22% NOM.

Alaska is buying back shares and bought A/C with cash.

Don't be the last guy off the ship. Not wishing bad on anyone but from the outside looking in, a negative 22% NOM and 13 more financed aircraft in 12 months is not a recipe for longevity.

Good luck!

Alaska is doing fine.

15% OM and with a 9% NOM.

Vs VA's negative 22% NOM.

Alaska is buying back shares and bought A/C with cash.

Don't be the last guy off the ship. Not wishing bad on anyone but from the outside looking in, a negative 22% NOM and 13 more financed aircraft in 12 months is not a recipe for longevity.

Good luck!

Not asking that. Fubi keeps harping on the fact that a young start-up company pulled out of YYZ, so I want him to tell me how Alaska, a long established company, did in that same market. Or he can tell me how they did with their service in Russia, or in Boise, or Calgary, or Reno. Like a coward he runs and hides when he can't answer the question.

He proudly proclaims how he doesn't want the approval of Virgin pilots, but like an affection starved puppy he is constantly on here seeking a pat on the head.

As far as being on the outside looking in, remember that fact - you are on the outside. You do not know the entire financial picture, you do not know the mindset of the investors, you do not know the specifics of the business plan. Not that I am privy to a lot of that stuff either, but I do get to read internal company memos, and be a part of the company wide meetings. I am also a pro at working for dying and financially struggling companies, and Virgin America is not acting remotely like a company that is close to shutting the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back