Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
driver is right. There's two kinds of VX pilots...RJ kids who want a quick upgrade and an Airbus type. These guys don't give a crap about the wages/work rules. They're making the same money, but flying the "big iron".

Then there are the furloughees. They'll either go back to their legacy carrier the first chance they get or they're the bitter types who blame ALPA for their furloughs.

In both cases, they justify undercutting us by saying "I had to put food on the table." Its amazing. There is one other kind of pilot who uses that same justification. Guess what the name for those guys is?

Oh yeah Fubi, it is everyone else who has the problem, but not you. The last two sentences in your last paragraph show just how uneducated and pathetic you really are! :rolleyes:

Good luck and do us all a favor.....stop participating in things you know nothing about. Have a good day. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm.....I know nothing about what's going on at VA? Well, I know this:

vaqtr12011.jpg

OK, OK. Now I'm really done.

Snikies. I don't agree with everything UALdriver has to say but the financial statement speaks for itself. They are absolutely bleeding money at a rate which should not be happening 3 years into operations.

You cannot trust management to tell you the truth about these things. It looks like things could continue, sure, if investors keep pumping in the dough. As soon as a major investor gets spooked; however, things could come to a screeching halt with little to no warning. I'm not predicting it, just sayings it looks like a distinct possibility.

OK, how many profitable years did UAL have over the last decade before the CAL merger????? How many years of profitability? Yeah, not many profitable years.

Looks like increased fuel costs certainly did not help anyone - including VA. Had fuel prices remained stable, perhaps VA would have broken even. You never know. Part of the reason for having an IPO and getting VC money is to provide a cash cushion in these types of operating environments - especially as you are attempting to scale the business to gain operating efficiencies. Operating 2-3 flights per day between city pairs (at low prices) does not provide much efficiency. VA is clearly trying to expand quickly to gain more market share by flying more flights between profitable city pairs.

BTW, I don't fly for VA - but I am a big fan of its product having flown on it a few times - best economy-class service in the business and IFE superior to UAL's and JB's IMO. No wonder UAL wants it to disappear - it has a better product! Now it needs the frequency and market access (i.e., more ORD and EWR slots)...

Last edited:
driver is right. There's two kinds of VX pilots...RJ kids who want a quick upgrade and an Airbus type. These guys don't give a crap about the wages/work rules. They're making the same money, but flying the "big iron".

Then there are the furloughees. They'll either go back to their legacy carrier the first chance they get or they're the bitter types who blame ALPA for their furloughs.

In both cases, they justify undercutting us by saying "I had to put food on the table." Its amazing. There is one other kind of pilot who uses that same justification. Guess what the name for those guys is?

Still looking for that pat on the head aren't you...

Hmmmm.....I know nothing about what's going on at VA? Well, I know this:

vaqtr12011.jpg

OK, OK. Now I'm really done.

I hope you aren't a betting man, because all of your predictions regarding VX have been totally wrong.

Here are some more facts:

Virgin is operating and expanding - aircraft #39 joined the line on Wednesday.

Virgin's cash position has remained nearly constant for for two plus years now.

Virgin is opening a sim center in SFO - significant money has already been paid.

Virgin just signed a lease for even more office space at the main office in Burlingame.

Virgin solidified its order for 60 aircraft, against the 'haters' predictions.

Virgin did turn a profit, contrary to the 'haters' predictions that it would never do so.

Virgin just signed a deal to be the launch customer for the CFM Leap X.

Frankly, given your track record, I hope you keep predicting our demise because it means nothing but success for us. Can't wait to hear what you predict next!

We are buying this, buying that, expanding here, expanding there, getting more planes....... Sounds like you are speeding up your own demise to me.

Skybus II

Last edited:
We are buying this, buying that, expanding here, expanding there, getting more planes....... Sounds like you are speeding up your own demise to me.

Skybus II

I believe you have briefly and succinctly illustrated the the truth of the matter.

Thank you.

Virgin did turn a profit, contrary to the 'haters' predictions that it would never do so.

Now you have lost it - your grip on reality.

When operation income exceed operational expenses buts results in a Net Loss in the real word is NOT turning a profits.

Now you have lost it - your grip on reality.

When operation income exceed operational expenses buts results in a Net Loss in the real word is NOT turning a profits.

Nah, he's just intoxicated on red Kool-Aid. VX is a loser. 11 of 12 quarters. All that remains is to see how long Sugar Daddy Sir Dick wants to keep pouring money down the rat hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back