Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
What seems like a Hail Mary? Having a plan to IPO some day? When jetBlue devised a plan to go public, was that a Hail Mary? It seems to me that every big airline that ever existed made a plan to go public.

The difference is JetBlue was profitable when they went public. BIG difference. Please don't take it personal.

We'd be stupid to go public before becoming profitable. I don't know why you guys seem to think we'd IPO before that. Nobody from VA said we would.

We all hear what we want to, don't we?

Tomct reads a dismal financial report and gleans some shiny nuggets of gold (RASM increased at a higher rate than our competitors.)

B6Busdriver reads a press release regarding a change of CFO and concludes we are going to IPO tomorrow as a "Hail Mary."

Your motivation is clear, so your request I not take it personally rings a little hollow.

What seems like a Hail Mary? Having a plan to IPO some day? When jetBlue devised a plan to go public, was that a Hail Mary? It seems to me that every big airline that ever existed made a plan to go public.

It has been explained to every employee here that we need to have a succesful company that people want to invest in before we can sell stock, so this isn't something that will happen any time soon.

Sorry you took it that way. Above is your quote. Your above post was quite vague and seemed to justify a Virgin IPO now because JetBlue went public early on. Again, not personal.

Guys, guys, guys, don't worry. In fact, to Virgin management,......spend away! That's right, spend it all. Get as many routes into profitability as you can before you go belly up, that way jetblue can come in and buy you at fire sale prices. I'm sure B6 management is just waiting for events to unfold so we can get some of those planes and gates in SFO! VX pilots, you will just end up at b6, so again don't worry!

Are any of you guys on the BOD? Are any of you privvy to the investor's books? Just because the "operation is losing money" doesn't mean the whole thing is. It's a world of shell games, anonymous holding companies, aircraft leasing companies that are no more than a suite in some Vegas strip mall with an address, and on and on. VA will "lose money" up until about a year before they want to IPO, then the profits will soar, making Wall Street salivate. There is no way the investors would have stayed in this long unless they were getting their money back. VA is privately held, they can report whatever they want to make anyone believe WHAT they want.

When I interviewed, I was told that the business plan was for no profit for the first five years while they grew to the critical mass point. All our infrastructure is built and staffed for an airline of 60 plus aircraft. The investors are well aware of how we are doing. So long as we are within our financial projections (everything we are told is that we are) Then I won't sweat it. When they cancel new purchases for the likes of simulators and new cabin mock up trainers and aircraft, That's when I'll start to worry.

Guys, guys, guys, don't worry. In fact, to Virgin management,......spend away! That's right, spend it all. Get as many routes into profitability as you can before you go belly up, that way jetblue can come in and buy you at fire sale prices. I'm sure B6 management is just waiting for events to unfold so we can get some of those planes and gates in SFO! VX pilots, you will just end up at b6, so again don't worry!

Sorry VA guys and gals, we have our 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back