• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL...this time lets keep it about QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there is no assignment, they are good about letting you go home early on your last day. That is a big if though. I would say it is 50/50 or worse that you get a trip that ends late on your last day these days. At least in LAX that is.

This seems to be very CSS (crew scheduling services) "agent" specific. Like many places; if you call to get released early and speak to scheduler#1 he/she might say "no; can't do it". Call back 30seconds later and speak to scheduler#2 and he/she might say "sure-you're done; go ahead and head home". Gouge; Melinda seems to be one of the more reasonable ones & one who is more partial to do a 'favor for a favor'. I'm guessing that with the reserve coverage that they're planning on trying, even as we grow, (I've heard as little as 8%) the days of early release will be be seldom at best.

As for LAX- I'm a RSV CA and have been released from assignment over 8 hrs after 3:30pm on last day (when we're supposed to be released) 2 weeks in a row now.

There have been many possible bases mentioned by management as possibilities for satellite bases because of new rest rules. Chicago was on the list. The only rumor that is solid is JFK growing as a crew base. I wouldn't hold my breath for Chicago though. I imagine even if it is made a base (very low chance) it will probably go extremely senior.

No ORD base. New rest rules will mean JFK has to increase in size, especially reserves. They need to have pilots whose zone of acclimation is east coast. Otherwise, 6am east coast reports for west coast guys (3am body clock) means 9 hr max duty day. So the east coast presence of crews has to increase.

Last edited:
Announced yesterday JFK/EWR base (not separate but together as one base) will be an official pilot base starting Dec 1st. 50 crews. Hiring to continue with next class starting July 17th.

Any word on interviews? Heard there are not only pools for classes but pools for interviews too...

Correct on both counts for pool classes and pool intervieews. The interviewing should open up soon, maybe July/August-ish.

you know that all the people who talked smack about all llc for the exception of southwest are applying to vx right?

Latest resources

Back