• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Virgin America QOL...this time lets keep it about QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it really possible as stated above to get 17-18 days off as a junior line holder? I'm pretty much sold on virgin. You could commute from anywhere with that schedule.

The #1 lineholder from the bottom, meaning the first guy above from reserve, routinely gets 17 days off. 18 or even 19 is possible, but it depends how you bid. Of course, this assumes you set your credit threshold at 70 hours. This allows you to get a 70-75 hr line with 17-19 days off.

However, it still depends on the kinds of trips you ask/get. For commuters, minimizing commutes per month is key. I was still finding myself commuting 4-5 times per month from an east coast city (3 hr timezone difference). It can get very tough very easily. If you're living in Chicago, at least it's only a 2-hr difference, and you have VX itself to get to work. We do have a huge bunch of commuters from ORD (Eagle/MidEx/etc). Keep in mind you have the 2 jumpseats upfront and the FA jumpseat(s), if no VX FA jumpseater.

Why? It's your choice to live out of base, not the companies. Be responsible and it's not an issue.

Commuting is mutually beneficial: a company can pay industry (or less in our case) wages and not have to take into account cost of living differences. The pilot can live where he chooses and minimize disruption to his family or lifestyle.

Imagine how hard it would be for VX to recruit pilots if you could not commute and they paid their current rates.

Wow that is awesome! I live in Chicago, how do you think the commute would be to LAX? I've about had it with my regional and I'm thinking Virgin sounds like a great atmosphere with nice people. I think I'd rather commute and be happy then get stuck somewhere with disgruntled employees. I applied yesterday and got all the hr questions right away. Wasn't expecting that.

Are you talking about the test or the email with the hr questions after you take the test?

Commuting is mutually beneficial: a company can pay industry (or less in our case) wages and not have to take into account cost of living differences. The pilot can live where he chooses and minimize disruption to his family or lifestyle.

Imagine how hard it would be for VX to recruit pilots if you could not commute and they paid their current rates.

Oh, they'd still line up a mile deep.

I got a test with a buch of crazy super hard questions that each had a 3 minute time limit and then buch of personality questions. I want to say 80 or so of them.

Everyone gets that test when they apply. The good news is if you get an email that has some basic HR questions, a questionnaire. If you pass that online test and get this email questionnaire, then the next email will be for interview dates.

Thanks lowapproch, that's what I was wondering. I took the test but have not gotten the hr email. Was thinking if you got the email straight away I must have bombed the test again.

Any Omni guys/gals working at VX? Can you PM me? I have a few questions. I am recently furloughed.

Latest resources

Back